Preview Round 13: Essendon Bombers vs Carlton Blues - Battle of the Consolidation Prizes - MCG - Sunday 9th June - 7:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have better top line stars but I think our bottom 6 is much better than there's and speaks to a better balanced squad.

Was surprised to hear they rank really low for intercept marks considering weitering is one of the best key backs in the comp, goes to show how little the rest of the backline has been pulling their weight.

The hubris is OTT IMO.

I don't think they are far ahead at all.

View attachment 2012808

in what way is it over the top?

they are definitely beatable, but they are most certainly the significant favorite, wouldn't think many would take issue with that.

Those odds are pretty bang on based on recent form.

Carlton have one of if not the best fwdlines in the comp at the moment, the good thing is we have a solid defense.

This game is 100% winnable but we simply cannot dish up what we have over the last 5 weeks. Need to come out firing from the start when we have momentum, we need to capitalise on it.

Last edited:
I'm a little disappointed that Caddy wasn't brought in, his aggression and attack at the ball would have a few of them looking over their shoulders.

I'd put Jones onto a wing a let him run all over the ground, good luck keeping up with him, he's not a big goal kicker so Caddy could play in his role and still gives us a potent forward line.

I'm all for playing our young guns in the big blockbuster games, it gives them a taste and you know that you will get 100% effort.

I'm not as ehthused about Shiel, if his form in the VFL last week is anything to go by...I'd have Roberts ahead of him for a starting spot.

in what way is it over the top?

they are definitely beatable, but they are most certainly the significant favorite, wouldn't think many would take issue with that.

Those odds are pretty bang on based on recent form.

Carlton have one of if not the best fwdlines in the comp at the moment, the good thing is we have a solid defense.

This game is 100% winnable but we simply cannot dish up what we have over the last 5 weeks. Need to come out firing from the start when we have momentum, we need to capitalise on it.
Don't see them as significant favorite at all. I have it as 50/50

The match ups will be very interesting.

They are sure to go after merrett as he can be tagged out of games too easily.

I would start Cox & 2MP forward which would really stretch their backline and hopefully draw DeKonning deep. With Jones roaming wing/Chf also. A lot has been made of their forward line but we have a pretty good one and Langers/Stringer due for big games.

Target Walsh physically every time he gets it. Block Cripps with setters.

SAAD needs to be locked down as he is one of their main link players.

Our achilies heel might be Lav if he goes to Curnow. Tends to get beaten easily by the gun forwards.

Apart from that I think we can win.

Just strolled over to the Carlton board and lmao. They are unhinged. Though we probably expect a loss given available personnel, a win would give me enough content to last me lol.
It's an absolute circle jerk over there.

I'm a little disappointed that Caddy wasn't brought in, his aggression and attack at the ball would have a few of them looking over their shoulders.

I'd put Jones onto a wing a let him run all over the ground, good luck keeping up with him, he's not a big goal kicker so Caddy could play in his role and still gives us a potent forward line.

I'm all for playing our young guns in the big blockbuster games, it gives them a taste and you know that you will get 100% effort.

I'm not as ehthused about Shiel, if his form in the VFL last week is anything to go by...I'd have Roberts ahead of him for a starting spot.
Jones has kicked 10.7 from 10 games.
Nate Caddy has kicked zero. I put it to you that Caddy is not a big goal kicker.

I would have liked to see Caddy named to play though, and also would have pushed Harry up the ground more. We struggled to mark in transition last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones has kicked 10.7 from 10 games.
Nate Caddy has kicked zero. I put it to you that Caddy is not a big goal kicker.

I would have liked to see Caddy named to play though, and also would have pushed Harry up the ground more. We struggled to mark in transition last week.
Caddy hit the post twice in his only game, Jones is averaging 1 goal a game so my thought process was that Caddy could match that ?, it also gives us a few different options going forward and Jones would be a hard match up on a wing with his running ability.

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

CARLTON OUTS:
Cerra, Docherty, Cottrell, Silvagni, Motlop, E. Curnow, Martin, Young, Dow
CARLTON INS: E. Hollands, O. Hollands, Williams, Newman, Cowan, Carroll, Durdin, Fogarty, Hewett

ESSENDON OUTS: Hobbs, Redman, Weideman, Snelling, Zerk-Thatcher, Phillips, Draper, D'Ambrosio
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Goldstein, Gresham, Kelly, Jones, Tsatas, Setterfield, Cox

CHANGES SINCE LAST TIME:

CARLTON OUTS:
Cerra, Docherty, Cottrell, Silvagni, Motlop, E. Curnow, Martin, Young, Dow
CARLTON INS: E. Hollands, O. Hollands, Williams, Newman, Cowan, Carroll, Durdin, Fogarty, Hewett

ESSENDON OUTS: Hobbs, Redman, Weideman, Snelling, Zerk-Thatcher, Phillips, Draper, D'Ambrosio
ESSENDON INS: McKay, Goldstein, Gresham, Kelly, Jones, Tsatas, Setterfield, Cox
We have a better side then last time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back