Roast We are the shittiest of shit, like REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY SHIT Warning includes club criticisms

When will Matthew Nicks be sacked?

• Before the end of 2022

• End of 2022

• Middle of 2023

• End of 2023

• Middle of 2024

• End of his contract (2024)

• He will last beyond his current contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Straight swap for Premiership player Billy Frampton?

The depressing thing list management will just remind themselves we have Borlase in reserve and consider it a win. No disrespect to Borlase, he is capable on his day but Keane has just been a rock.

Butts would want to kick on pretty majorly next season assuming Murray will be ripe after another pre-season (and an intensive training session on not dump kicking 3m out from goal)

We would have been laughed out of the room. No doubt Adam Kelly had his fingerprints all over the decision to challenge intent.

I think they had to challenge regardless. There was a growing perception that they just accept stuff lying down. Weird that of all the instances they chose to fight it was this one but a) tribunal has made weird decisions before and b) they pretty much had to as stated above so that's just how it goes.

I think they had to challenge regardless. There was a growing perception that they just accept stuff lying down. Weird that of all the instances they chose to fight it was this one but a) tribunal has made weird decisions before and b) they pretty much had to as stated above so that's just how it goes.

Based on what they said, they simply had zero understanding of how intent is graded. It was unarguably deliberate. What I'd argue is the severity, yes the player was concussed and now goes into the AFL's manufactured protocols which means he misses a week or 2. But he could actually be right to play this week in terms of his actual injury recovery. Not that I'd be arguing along those lines. I'd be arguing that 'severe' impact should necessitate more than the AFL's minimum mandate on concussion management. Where's the broken bones, where's the metal plates in the jaw, where's the blood, the stretcher? If a head knock that causes a concussion is 'severe', then what would trigger 'high' impact? The broken bones without the concussion?

Based on what they said, they simply had zero understanding of how intent is graded. It was unarguably deliberate. What I'd argue is the severity, yes the player was concussed and now goes into the AFL's manufactured protocols which means he misses a week or 2. But he could actually be right to play this week in terms of his actual injury recovery. Not that I'd be arguing along those lines. I'd be arguing that 'severe' impact should necessitate more than the AFL's minimum mandate on concussion management. Where's the broken bones, where's the metal plates in the jaw, where's the blood, the stretcher? If a head knock that causes a concussion is 'severe', then what would trigger 'high' impact? The broken bones without the concussion?

The AFL makes every MRO and tribunal decision now with future lawsuits in mind.

Hypothetically, down the line if Starcevich sues the AFL because he’s got reduced brain function or something, and they’re on record as deeming a concussion as “not severe”, then that’s not going to help their case.

What? We just beat the mighty Saints to catapult to 14th! We are on a meteoric rise.

Hard to take too much from the match to be honest. The saints played a GF last week and lacked the run in the wet as a result. These games mean very little. Its all about next year and beating in form teams NEXT YEAR! The remaining games really prove nothing about Nicks or our list really. I personally hope the club sits down and has a deep hard look at the beginning of the year and the pile of shit Nicks served up. Including by all reports the negative obsession on defensive throughout the whole pre season at the expense of our attack. Only for Nicks to change tact after pretending it was the players for the first half of the year.

Can we really trust Nicks wont do what he did again over the next pre season to try and perfect what he started?

We would have been laughed out of the room. No doubt Adam Kelly had his fingerprints all over the decision to challenge intent.

And would have been trashed for not challenging by most on here. Happy they went into bat for Rankine even though they were never going to win. Plenty of clubs have challenged this year when they were likely to lose

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And would have been trashed for not challenging by most on here. Happy they went into bat for Rankine even though they were never going to win. Plenty of clubs have challenged this year when they were likely to lose

You are correct. It was 100% a back the player in and show they are behind him and not going to hang him out to dry. Looking at the footage 4 weeks in this day and age was always going to happen. What difference does it make. It allows rankine to rest his body for the last few weeks of the year and it allows us to experiment with his position. We were never going to make finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I expect is that they understand the system enough to not challenge the aspect that was 100% black and white and utterly unarguable.

AND another thing!

We'll continue to be this way until we change it back to
"we're the MIGHTY Adelaide Crows"

AND get a new Logo.🙇

Last edited:
Jesus. They get slammed if they don't appeal, and slammed if they do. Make your frigging minds up!

Last edited:
It’s actually bizarre, the players sing mighty, it’s what the fans know, why do we play a different lyric over the loudspeaker.
Truly!
It's just the little things (that feel like they add up)
So, some brain in the last decade decided.. "we ARE the 'Adelaide Football Club est 90'
but we're KNOWN as the Adelaide Crows. We're also KNOWN as The Corporation, The Fruit Tingles, Entitled, The Boys Club, which you've now unKNOWiNgly lumped us in with..
for what reason??
Fluc't if I KNOWN.🤦

Last edited:
Sooo, everyone happy to have Crouch back in for the remainder of the year??
I doubt he gets more than 1-2 games, he will need to play a couple of SANFL and then if we were to drop Berry, Dowling or Taylor to fit him in, then well, I don’t think not even the Nicks apologists would be able to defend that.

I doubt he gets more than 1-2 games, he will need to play a couple of SANFL and then if we were to drop Berry, Dowling or Taylor to fit him in, then well, I don’t think not even the Nicks apologists would be able to defend that.

You underestimate Nicks.

Dawson out this week “we need to replace his experience”.

When Matt inevitably has 25+: “can’t replace a player in good form”.

Roast We are the shittiest of shit, like REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY SHIT Warning includes club criticisms

Back