We better not make a straight swap Jackson Paine for Patrick Karnezis (Edit: too bad, we did)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can only wish Paine good luck in Brisbane.
Can't follow the VFL side from over here, but it seemed like his form would have warranted him receiving a chance in the seniors last year but others were played in preference.

Or adventure and opportunity o_O

I was commenting on his photo and thinking about the comments coming from his manager. Doesnt look at all happy. He obviously agreed with the trade, so no doubt he's being pragmatic about it.

No one likes to be culled, so I can see how he might be feeling right now.

Anyway, he strikes me as the sort of bloke that will respond with some steely resolve. Good luck to the kid.

As was pointed out earlier, the photo was a Collingwood photo which had been photoshopped. I would therefore conclude that he was actually unhappy at Collingwood and will now be living in the land of milk and honey, and dancing on the ceiling Lionel Richie style.

You're right. But as a Melbourne boy, I'm sure he's feeling a sense of loss right now.

Don't worry, he's going to Brisbane, if he shows anything decent a Melbourne club will just steal him back in 2 years.:D

I am just wondering if Karnesis is good why was he languishing in the reserves all year,when I doubt he was injured and Brisbane were screaming for another forward to help Jonathan Brown?

Yet Karnesis was completely overlooked why? This is where alarm bells ring,whereby Paine is in the reserves because other players were keeping him out of the seniors after a while if you are trying hard enough but never get a shot at top level one does become complaicent.

PK did not fit in and did not want to be in Brisbane.

If you can get his head screwed on in a few years he will be a sensational player. Super, super talent, extremely disappointed to see him go.

It will take one injury and one injury only before we are regretting this badly.

And, Karnezis' attitude better get a major lift from coming home. Puzzling choice considering our recent issues.
have you people checked his stats from the neafl this year on the collingwood website , very impressive is all I can say , and I can also remember the nab cup game earlier this year when he was ripping us a new one , give the young bloke a break I reckon he will be more than handy at the club he barracked for as a kid . A lot of you people on this forum would whinge and complain , if someone was shoving diamonds up your arses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have you people checked his stats from the neafl this year on the collingwood website , very impressive is all I can say , and I can also remember the nab cup game earlier this year when he was ripping us a new one , give the young bloke a break I reckon he will be more than handy at the club he barracked for as a kid . A lot of you people on this forum would whinge and complain , if someone was shoving diamonds up your arses.

Pardon me for having an opinion, I will shut up now. Another inconvenient opinion I have is to treat the bolded with scepticism. I would love to be wrong, but I maintain this one feels wrong to me and quoting NEAFL and NAB cup isnt going to convince me. In the end, results will matter.

Depends upon the clarity, carat, cut & color.
I don't want anything synthetic near my clacker.

Anyone that uses the 45 goals as a reason not to trade Paine forgets about Jack Anthony. He looked special, hell he even kicked 50 goals at AFL level IIRC... But in the end he just wasn't good enough.

Didn't he walk out of the club?

:eek: Only the jeweller will ever know ;)

Genuine cubic zirconia, in a 9 carat goldique craponite setting, special price only for the next hour, four easy payments of 199.95 each plus GST, our operators are waiting to take your call....you wont find genuine craponite like this anywhere else.....

It will take one injury and one injury only before we are regretting this badly.

Not really.

Cloke missed a couple of games in 2013 and Witts got the callup ahead of Paine.

Lynch missed a bunch of games and Reid got moved forward ahead of playing Paine.

In our Elimination Final against Port, we even played Keeffe forward ahead of selecting Paine.

No really.

Cloke missed a couple of games in 2013 and Witts got the callup ahead of Paine.

Lynch missed a bunch of games and Reid got moved forward ahead of playing Paine.

In our Elimination Final against Port, we even played Keeffe forward ahead of selecting Paine.

The writing wasn't just on the wall, it was up in massive neon lights. If he was stunned to be traded, he shouldn't have been.

haha could you blame them there's some bloody big diamonds out there!:D

Anyway welcome to the club Pat glad to have you on board.

haha could you blame them there's some bloody big diamonds out there!:D

Anyway welcome to the club Pat glad to have you on board.
300px-The_Hope_Diamond_-_SIA.jpg
Now I know why it was called the 'Hope Diamond'.
Finder: "I sure hope they don't shove that up my arse"

Remove this Banner Ad

We better not make a straight swap Jackson Paine for Patrick Karnezis (Edit: too bad, we did)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back