26yo Heeney, Papley, Paddy
25yo Clarke, Mills
24yo Florent
23yo Hayward
22yo The Lizard, Jmac, McCartin
21yo Chad, Stephens, Rowie,
20yo Logan, Campbell, Gulden

Nice spread with good base of youth

On the wing,m34 afl members about 15 rows back. We all stood. Every swans fan stood
Swan fans go off for good defensive efforts like no other team I know. Not sure if it harks back to our Roos days or not but we definitely show our appreciation for them. Which I think is super.

Beautiful day outside, suns out, slight breeze...

Might just stay on the lounge and watch this game 3 more times though
Not that you’ll tire of that anytime soon, but when you do, you can then watch the Tigers get bundled out with a minute to go, the Pies losing by a goal with only two minutes to go, and the Bravedogs coughing up a massive lead and self-exterminating themselves from finals.

Great weekend to be a Swans fan.

Not that you’ll tire of that anytime soon, but when you do, you can then watch the Tigers get bundled out with a minute to go, the Pies losing by a goal with only two minutes to go, and the Bravedogs coughing up a massive lead and self-exterminating themselves from finals.

Great weekend to be a Swans fan.
Melbourne teams 0-4, absolutely fantastic

I just did my top 5 but feel that it was wrong not mention a few others...

These guys played their roles to perfection imo... Clarke, Reid, Lloyd, Hayward, Papley, Fox

In a game where everyone played their role and of such high pressure, it's unusual to see so few defenders mentioned.

Why? Well I think it was because after half time our forward and mid pressure was so great, there were limited opportunities.

Given how much we owe our defenders for some of our games this year, I'm sure they appreciated it!
POTY these days really is beginning to feel like Sophie's Choice.

Did Viney tag Warner? Somebody must have for him to have as few possessions, or was it Harmes? I didn't get to watch and am still out of the country.
I saw it a little differently. I actually thought Warner was more doing that job on Viney/Brayshaw. I've never seen him positioned so defensively in his 40 or so games. If they were tagging him, he certainly didn't appear to be trying to break the tag. It's very possible that we prepared for Warner to be the decoy, taking the opposition mid out of stoppages, to allow our own mids off the chain. Which is ironic as a few weeks ago like in the Freo game, it was the total opposite, everyone else taking defensive roles to let Warner run loose. Just goes to show how complete our midfield is now that we can afford to change roles and structures within the midfield like this on a week to week basis.

I thought Mills leadership was something else and no disrespect to Parks , but Mills was cleaner
I felt like this was a game of no ego. A fair few of our players sacrificed showy game attack for offensive defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously sweating on Florent being okay. I know they said he's alright but that remains to be seen.
He'll be fine. Ice not put on immediately and was walking around in rooms after the game. Rolled ankle would be the best injury to have provided that there isn't a break. Strap it up and give it a jab and it will be fine.

BTW, one of the best games Ollie has played. Inspired Horse move to get him off the wing and onto half-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back