Autopsy We ****ing did it get around us boys!! off to a PRELIM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather Pies on SCG than Dogs for sure. Dogs problem this year was they weren't two way running hard enough and some issues up forward, but on smaller ground that's not as big an issue. And Darcy in and JUH finding form they will be tough.
We will batter Collingwood if we bring that intensity again. Freo we should have covered at home if we play a solid game IMO.
Fine margins but we can make the GF. Hopefuly the Cats have a meltdown somewhere...

May did have 23 disposals and 7 marks.

Was probably BOG.
But we won. We scored more goals than them. Just looking at stats doesn't tell the whole story. Your team winning is what matters. Buddy effectively limited May during the second quarter and from then on. Your team winning is the only real stat that matters. buddy was part of the reason this happened. what he was doing in the first quarter didn't work, so he changed tactic. Win to us. May's stats are irrelevant.

But we won. We scored more goals than them. Just looking at stats doesn't tell the whole story. Yoagree.ur team winning is what matters. Buddy effectively limited May during the second quarter and from then on. Your team winning is the only real stat that matters. buddy was part of the reason this happened. what he was doing in the first quarter didn't work, so he changed tactic. Win to us. May's stats are irrelevant.
Agree
Just saying May wasn't shit

How did we lose contesting ball by -25 and control large parts of game, until the free kick goals for the Demons.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
Garry Lyon (who, to his credit, was unwavering in his praise for us after the game despite the result for him) explained how we forced Melbourne into more contested situations than they actually wanted.

So we had a very good amount of contested ball, and Melbourne probably had too much.

360 will be interesting on Monday - if the dogs lose all 4 teams that they were banging on about & barracking for were all beaten. So FREO, you know what you have to do.
It'll all be how Geelong are now the real deal, how Melbourne will slaughter their bunnies and Richmond getting another expansion club mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm supposed to get up at 5am tomorrow - should be going to bed but need to watch the replay!
My wife had to get up at 5.30 this morning.
Last night, it took us for ever to get to Richmond station. Then had to wait 15 minutes for the right train to Southern Cross. We missed our train to Ballarat by two minutes so had to catch the 11.52 one. Got to Ballarat around 1.25am and home at 1.35. Even after 3 hours I was still so buzzed got virtually no sleep. Went to golf today and had a disgraceful score but still couldn't take the smile off my face. Gave heaps to a few of the Melbourne supporters there.

They were positively gushing over us on Fox. Lyon and Riewoldt especially. I watched every last bit of that coverage and it was beautiful. A contest to be so proud of and then 100% Swans love after the game.

What a sweet week it will be. Now we get to watch the other two games in bliss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved their coverage. They were loving the game, atmosphere & providing great analysis.

Garry Lyon (who, to his credit, was unwavering in his praise for us after the game despite the result for him) explained how we forced Melbourne into more contested situations than they actually wanted.

So we had a very good amount of contested ball, and Melbourne probably had too much.

Good explanation.

We had a few quiet guys. Blakely, Heeney, Gulden, Warner and probably Mills all had down games, so the fact we won is even more impressive.
You can't possibly be serious about Mills.
23 possessions, 6 marks and an amazing 11 tackles. Add to that the shutdown job he did on Oliver when he appeared to be taking the game away from us.

My wife had to get up at 5.30 this morning.
Last night, it took us for ever to get to Richmond station. Then had to wait 15 minutes for the right train to Southern Cross. We missed our train to Ballarat by two minutes so had to catch the 11.52 one. Got to Ballarat around 1.25am and home at 1.35. Even after 3 hours I was still so buzzed got virtually no sleep. Went to golf today and had a disgraceful score but still couldn't take the smile off my face. Gave heaps to a few of the Melbourne supporters there.
The drive up,Punt Rd was a long one as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back