we want 6 picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Been some fierce debate on Bomberblitz about this, whether or not we can use pick 51.

The general consensus seems to be that, according to the AFL rules, traded picks cannot be used as father/son selections; thus we can only use 39.

Was a nice try by Sheeds anyway.

39 was commited to Neagle last week when we decided to take him. You have to use your own 3rd round pick for father son.

At the moment we have Richards out, Cole in.
Allan and Murphy out, Lovett and Lovett-Murray in.

We have to use pick 51 (unless we on trade it) under AFL rules, which state you have to use any traded picks. Hird goes onto veterans list, which free's up one spot on the list. So at current we have to delist at least 3 players.

I don't think this will be the best year to have a lot of draft picks, virtually everywhere I've read say this years draft is a very weak one.

I would be quite happy to have just the 4 picks (7, 19, 39 Neagle and 51).
If we trade any of a picks in the next 14 hours then I would be fine using just three.

With Lovett and Lovett Murray being added to our Senior list it creates some room on the rookie list, hopefully we might be able to find another smokey or two with our new rookies.

Sheeds was on SEN this morning saying we'll be using pick 51 for Neagle.

When it says your 3rd round pick. 51 is our 3rd round pick now.

Philzsay said:
I don't think this will be the best year to have a lot of draft picks, virtually everywhere I've read say this years draft is a very weak one.

I would be quite happy to have just the 4 picks (7, 19, 39 Neagle and 51).
If we trade any of a picks in the next 14 hours then I would be fine using just three.

With Lovett and Lovett Murray being added to our Senior list it creates some room on the rookie list, hopefully we might be able to find another smokey or two with our new rookies.
I think that a very good option for the bombers to do in this draft is to seriously look at some QLDs in the Draft.. there are some real guns in this draft from QLD and they are not rated highly in the draft rating.. Players like Austin Lucy, Courtenay Dempsey, and Jessie White.. those three players are very good players. Just thought i would put that idea in there for everyone

mcdav said:
Sheedy doesn't know the rules then does he?

I'd say he'd have a better grip on them than any one here.

The wording of the rule is a little bit loose, I'm sure the afls interpratation is different to that of sheeds but a rule with that kind of wording would not hold up in any court if it was to get that far.

Toasta said:
I'd say he'd have a better grip on them than any one here.

The wording of the rule is a little bit loose, I'm sure the afls interpratation is different to that of sheeds but a rule with that kind of wording would not hold up in any court if it was to get that far.

Why is that? Most of us can read, and it's not that hard to grasp.

Sheeds is in the midst of a bit of a game here.. perhaps not as keen on Neagle as has been made out.

Just o back up my comments on Austin Lucy. Maybe as a HBF or maybe breed him to be CHB

Club: Caloundra
DOB: 4 September 1987
Hgt: 193cm Wgt: 91kg
Natural Foot: Right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaymin said:
Sheeds was on SEN this morning saying we'll be using pick 51 for Neagle.

When it says your 3rd round pick. 51 is our 3rd round pick now.

Priority picks - 1-3
First Round - 4-19
Second Round - 20-35
Third Round - 36 - 51
Fourth Round - 52 - 66

etc etc

Father son is third round. If you use a second father son its second round, etc.

danstar84 said:
39 is for Neagle. Can't use 51 for him.

on SEN this morning Sheedy said that all the rules stated was that a third rounder must be used. hence 51 can be used. i doubt he woodve bothered to trade 55 for 51 without before finding out whether it was an eligble thing to do. he stated this morning that he would use 51 on neagle

Remove this Banner Ad

we want 6 picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back