AFL Toast RND 6: Win Against The Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Just caught the replay, woke up in Rome travelled to Florence and back in Milan now, definitely less stressful when you know the scores after following on the AFL app 😅

Got lucky in the last play, free kick for me, clearly the better team won, it should've been wrapped up a little easier than it was.

Call me crazy but I actually rated parish tonight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was annoyed by that missed shot in front and he looks a bit slow at the moment but did notice he was positioned defensively again and they were pressured when trying to get the ball out. Would far prefer that than a bunch of free wheelers.

And what is going on with us sticking tackles all of a sudden?? Noticed it in the reserves last week as well Bryan in particular. Maybe it has been a focus at training.

There was a play in that last minute where there was a quick kick out of the pack by Ess and I was sure that an Adelaide player would mark it for a shot on goal…I remember at the time thinking “the Pies would never let that quick kick happen and would keep it bobbling around waiting for a stoppage” lucky no one marked it…

The Blues are doing similar now as well.

Draper was already falling before the ball went under him not once did his hand touch the ball … did he hope the ball would get stuck under him probably
Before the ball was stuck under Draper Texs hand grabs the ball and pushes it under Draper then he lands on Draper’s back and his other arm comes around Draper to stop the ball getting out the other side

I actually think there is enough reasonable doubt for the umpire to look at it and not pay it purely because a big, chunky idiot basically lying on the ground in a contested situation with the express intention to disrupt the contest with his body but have no interest in the ball is not something they’ve seen before because no one is stupid enough to do it.

It doesn’t have the regular trappings of something they pay because he didn’t dive on it, or drag it in or stop it getting out.

It honestly looks like Draper saw the contest coming his way and thought the best way for me to stop Tex’s momentum if for me to get in his path and get low so he has to go over or around me and get caught. That part is exactly what happens but then he kinda glitches when he has to play the ball.

Pretty funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was already lying on the ground, why i dont know, and the ball was knocked under him. Correct call
Fox headline this morning focused on Draper "taking the piss" because he apparently reenacted his "flop". Then they include this from Lyon; “It’s unfair to isolate it into one incident at the end. But it looks to me like he fell on it and then hooked it back in.”

The whole article literally isolates the game to this incident. No mention at all of the ball being knocked under him.

Very proud of the effort from the boys last night

Fair to say when they kicked their seventh in a row I thought it was all over. They just dug in and fought it out and got the win. Great feeling.

Adelaide were stiff at the end, but if that's what they choose to focus on that'll be their issue, not ours.

How so?

I wasn't able to watch the game 😕
First half he was holding his position a bit more, trusting his team mates to win possess/pressure so we wouldnt leave spares and reading the opposition handball receiver, rather than dog hunting the ball. Third quarter he fell away as the team did and went back to his old ways, but Ill take the positive of the first half as a sign of growth.

Mckay played in 8 wins in 71 games with the Roos.

Has played in 4 wins in 6 games with us.
This McKay stat is my favourite in the game each week at the moment and it's looking like it will be for the remaining time in his career. It should actually be on the banner when we play North.

Draper was already falling before the ball went under him not once did his hand touch the ball … did he hope the ball would get stuck under him probably
Before the ball was stuck under Draper Texs hand grabs the ball and pushes it under Draper then he lands on Draper’s back and his other arm comes around Draper to stop the ball getting out the other side
csi gibb slap GIF

How did we deal with Rankine, Rachele and Soligo?
rankine didn’t really do much for the first half but duz started on him.

rachele was his own worst enemy, arguably lost them the game in the last 10 minutes

soligo (and dawson) just played better than we were able to, i think caldwell moved to a defensive role on dawson towards the end of the third and it quelled his influence but soligo appeared to have no direct opponent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back