List Mgmt. Weak Flog Jake Lever Requests Trade to Melbourne, Causes Player Revolt

Where will Jake Lever end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is with Charlie, he's going to hate his footy.

He will be leaving his mate, a successful side and full houses at Adelaide Oval to a new teammates, a struggling side and empty seats at the Gabba.

It's football madness.
Depends how much he backs himself

eg how much he wants to make his own reputation rather than being in Eddie's shadow

He might look forward to the challenge of embedding a great culture at Brisbane, graduating from role player to fulcrum, and helping lead the way for that young group to success

(More money doesn't hurt...)

Alternatively he might prefer to stay and enjoy success as part of the team he already knows and trusts

Without knowing him personally obviously I would have no idea how the above resonates with him

Just saying, we cannot assume being a role player in a developed team is preferred over being a key player in a developing team. It will depend on the player.

Thanks guys. I know we will not pay him the same and rightly so but i wondered if it was just a guise for getting out of Adelaide (the city not the club).

Thanks guys. I know we will not pay him the same and rightly so but i wondered if it was just a guise for getting out of Adelaide (the city not the club).
I'm with you to an extent but I get the vibe there's a fair bit of "family" influence involved more so than Adelaide the city.

makes you wonder about what happens after all these big offers to lure players are made...

once the 5 years @ $900k are up are they just going to beg him to stay on for half of that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You reckon?
In all seriousness, if Port lost Trengove & gained Rockliff, Motlop & Menzel, they would have a decent team. Pity about the coach or that they don't have enough salary cap room. ;)

The chatter is that he has signed with the Demons, and did so to clear his mind of pre-DF distractions. Playing group is aware, it will be announced next Monday.

In all seriousness, if Port lost Trengove & gained Rockliff, Motlop & Menzel, they would have a decent team. Pity about the coach or that they don't have enough salary cap room. ;)
They will all fit in under what Trengrove was being paid...oh, and I bet they pay Lobbe out too and ask him to retire

The chatter is that he has signed with the Demons, and did so to clear his mind of pre-DF distractions. Playing group is aware, it will be announced next Monday.
How does signing before a grand final, then knowing that the rest of the playing group is aware, clear your mind exactly?

Not that I really care much anymore, but some of the crap people make up needs to atleast be logically thought out.

what happens to that contract if he can't make his way there - hypothetically of course. Can Melbourne take him to court for breach of contract?

How does signing before a grand final, then knowing that the rest of the playing group is aware, clear your mind exactly?

Not that I really care much anymore, but some of the crap people make up needs to atleast be logically thought out.

Because the decision is made, move on

Port's new missing piece... Along with Motlop, Menzel & Rockliff...

That's a whole ******* jigsaw puzzle!

Sort of a mixed bag of random pieces found at the bottom of the toy box in a holiday rental.
A Jenga block, a die, two checkers, a white queen, a ball from mouse trap and a few monkeys in a barrel. You could probably make a game out of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back