Which hairstyle group should Bailey Smith join ahead of season 2025

• The headband aficionados

• The mullet crew

• The short back & sides crew...ie; "regular" style

• The Ablett-Chappy next gen bald head brigade

• Other... Post with your suggestion if selecting this option

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Prince played every single instrument on his first 6 albums.
Freak.

And btw Strange Cat I listened to that batman song. I want those 4 minutes of my life back.
Gee he over produced that sucker.
I didn’t say it was food just giving a bit of context that his obsession to sex by using the studio recording in the one of the songs

So, Bailey Smith...

Back in the day when talent made you rich and famous

Now it’s just being popular on social media
No, it's really not. That's a common misconception among those who don't listen to much new music.

Pop stars still have the same skillset they did 20, 30 years ago - and their social media presence is very tightly managed by a label PR team. At the end of the day, the song is still king - if you don't have the material, then all the flashy tiktok in the world won't help.

Artists like Charli XCX, Taylor Swift, Beyonce and Kendrick Lamar are still phenomenal performers - in exactly the same way that Madonna, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson were at the height of their fame (with the exception being that MJ was an exceptional songwriter).

What has really changed is the demise of the songwriting band - because they are so expensive and difficult to get off the ground now, when solo artists have recording facilities at home that were only available to hardcore pros 30 years ago, and there's so much less money now in recording music than there once was.

No, it's really not. That's a common misconception among those who don't listen to much new music.

Pop stars still have the same skillset they did 20, 30 years ago - and their social media presence is very tightly managed by a label PR team. At the end of the day, the song is still king - if you don't have the material, then all the flashy tiktok in the world won't help.

Artists like Charli XCX, Taylor Swift, Beyonce and Kendrick Lamar are still phenomenal performers - in exactly the same way that Madonna, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson were at the height of their fame (with the exception being that MJ was an exceptional songwriter).

What has really changed is the demise of the songwriting band - because they are so expensive and difficult to get off the ground now, when solo artists have recording facilities at home that were only available to hardcore pros 30 years ago, and there's so much less money now in recording music than there once was.
New artist music are absolutely trash there are some good bit and pieces out there but by large it’s all auto tuned and image marketing

Has nothing on the music in the past where talent got you a contract and a career

Look at the rap and rock genre just to show you how bad it is today , pop always going to be fine because that’s catered more towards being popular than actual talent imo…ffs Post Malone made a career out of auto tune

New artist music are absolutely trash there are some good bit and pieces out there but by large it’s all auto tuned and image marketing

Has nothing on the music in the past where talent got you a contract and a career
(Respectfully) disagree. Autotune is used, but usually as a sound engineering device of interest to create a robotic effect - not to "cure" bad singing. Otherwise, modern artists wouldn't be able to do live shows (which is where the money really is now). Modern singers can seriously sing.

You write as if old pop stars weren't image marketing, by the way - pop stars have always leant heavily on image, especially from the 80s on.

There is such a variety of new music out there that it's not that hard to find your cup'o'tea if you look.

The other thing to bear in mind, IMO, is survivorship bias. Disposable music dies out. The Billboard Year End #1 singles are interesting reading - in 1975, for example, the year of Bohemian Rhapsody, Born to Run and Kashmir, the number one song was... bloody Captain and Tenille. That's died off... thank God.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let's try it in bold - BAILEY SMITH...

There's no issues with wanting to talk about music but can we do so in the music thread - that's where recent off topic music related posts are being moved to:

Surely the club market this fella for every cent they can. I’ll be disappointed if they aren’t selling Bailey Smith mullets and every second kid in the crowd is wearing one.

Surely the club market this fella for every cent they can. I’ll be disappointed if they aren’t selling Bailey Smith mullets and every second kid in the crowd is wearing one.
Didn’t they do the same thing with Scarlo back in the day, he had a cult following with his curly hair wig at games

The club has to make some sort of money to claw back the money lost in the outside of the salary cap payments ;)

Thats all well and good , but he has played i think 103 games for Footscray , but his best finish in their Best and Fairest is only 7th . why is that ???

Gary Dempsey their champion ruckman back in the day , i think he won 6 Best and Fairest awards and a Brownlow , but i dont think he ever said arrogantly , oh look ive outgrown the club .

The recruitment of Smith , he could be an ok player for Geel , but the recruitment has also got the other side to it , where a major sponsor of Geel , who have a legit 3rd party contract with pretty boy Smith , trailblazing their products etc , so its all good that he has ended up in the Blue and White hoops

I wanted Oliver a proven top line player with B/Fs , back to back coaches association award , where as Smith after 100 games has got 2 - 7ths in the Dogs B/Fairest to his name , but lets not let the facts get in the way of the hype
For my two cents worth. Wanted Oliver more than Smith, because I accepted the Simth show pony, attention seeking narrative.

After following both on IG the recent comparison for 2023 + 2024 is:
Oliver posted interviews about footy, photos playing games + lots of horse racing pix.

Smith posted travel pix + training pix + videos.

Difference was Oliver played footy, Smith was recovering from ACL injury.

Only one Cotton On advert post.

Also follow Geelong players on IG.

An NFL player, singers, actors + Royalty from various countries.

Not the average of women my age.

Focusing on AFL players
Single guys post pix of:
Playing games;
Girlfriends, if they are in a relationship;
Hanging with mates;
Training;
Holidays.

Married guys post pix of:
Playing games;
Wives + children, if they kids;
Hanging with mates;
Training;
Holidays.

From a maturity perspective, Smith at 23yo seems more evolved + very focused. Oliver, at 27yo appears more of a fun time guy.

My point is, press are preoccupied with click baiting by twisting interviews, latching on to negative reactions from fans.

It’s hardly arrogant to say he’d outgrown Bulldogs, a poor choice of words.

He’s a midfielder playing in a team with midfield guns + was played out of position. Consequently his stats dropped + despite some amazing performances, it’s natural to want to play in your position + improve your abilities, stats + play for a team needing your skills.

Didn’t they do the same thing with Scarlo back in the day, he had a cult following with his curly hair wig at games

The club has to make some sort of money to claw back the money lost in the outside of the salary cap payments ;)

That was Hocking and the Whiskers promotion

There's no issues with wanting to talk about music but can we do so in the music thread - that's where recent off topic music related posts are being moved to:

Does He play any instruments? Is he a closet jazz saxophonist or folk guitar crooner in a turtleneck?

Has He posted any karaoke videos of Himself?

:tongueoutv1:

I looked up Bailey Smith on Spotify and it turns out that he's a chick.
And actually, after listening. He should just stick to footy.

Hopefully they give him a year or so first, without that level of pressure. Bloke just needs to play footy first

I'll bet Bailey Smith is a good singer

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Bailey Smith - officially (and finally) traded to Geelong

Back