List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Add Hewitt to the mix and you have a strong core group of young guys, all with a whiff of mongrel about them.

If they can then play for each other, it bodes well
I truly believe Hall can be part of this group. Not as flashy as the others, but a big bodied extractor and accumulator.

Last edited:

Blessing in disguise

Hes had a full on battering start to his career and always at risk of an overuse injury

Mid season month off to freshen up, get his home fix dealing with another miserable Victorian winter, then come back freshened up to beast mode second half of season.

Just a shame he can't troll north this weekend

Hopefully Reid comes back fuming and goes full villian on the field. None of this afl media darling.

Needs to double down and rip the hawks at home a new one. Can't wait. Since hawks are a bottom 4 team expect a tag. Reid beats on lesser teams with a thor hammer

Blessing in disguise

Hes had a full on battering start to his career and always at risk of an overuse injury

Mid season month off to freshen up, get his home fix dealing with another miserable Victorian winter, then come back freshened up to beast mode second half of season.

Just a shame he can't troll north this weekend

I wince at some of the treatment he gets, with no remonstrations from anyone.

Happy for him to sit out next two games. Would rather it wasn’t from suspension.

Assuming he will go home for a few days over the bye m, maybe tack on a couple of extra days but still do a good block of training at the club.

He should come out hungry against Hawks.

Hopefully Reid comes back fuming and goes full villian on the field. None of this afl media darling.

Needs to double down and rip the hawks at home a new one. Can't wait. Since hawks are a bottom 4 team expect a tag. Reid beats on lesser teams with a thor hammer
The Hawks midfield is actually pretty strong, theyll just beat us normally I reckon. Doubt Reid gets a tag there

great, then he misses another 2 weeks.

Hopefully he just sees ball gets ball.

Have hopes of a 5 goal haul at some point chucked forward too

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Hawks midfield is actually pretty strong, theyll just beat us normally I reckon. Doubt Reid gets a tag there

Sam is pretty well known for deploying taggers and also becoming known for wanting take away oppo strengths as much as possible. Had Hutchings in our midfield, and also uses Maginness at Hawks.

I’d be very surprised if Sam doenst pull some levers in how to manage Harley and/or Yeo.

Happy for him to sit out next two games. Would rather it wasn’t from suspension.

Assuming he will go home for a few days over the bye m, maybe tack on a couple of extra days but still do a good block of training at the club.

He should come out hungry against Hawks.
Yeah I’m not so fussed (much as I love watching him). But the timing of the bye couldn’t be worse for him. Ideally he’d have got the suspension in say R17. So bye then another block of games, suspension, then last block.

But while he’s an exceptional talent there’s a lot more to being a great in the AFL.

This is where the Daicos boys had huge advantages not only being around AFL clubrooms etc since birth, AND had a father who was brilliant
/famous/rich AND played for that same club AND with a brother there AND a famous club that gets every advantage AND where travel is almost optional.
Not sure Harley’s time at the Tongala FC is equivalent. 😊

For me, I see this year for Harley being about understanding the bigger picture - which includes footy not always being fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Nick Gieschen say anything of note in Gettable today?
Nah just said what Ryan Daniels said in his tweet. Harley reid and wce are happy. Not right time to sign yet. Too early. No rush. Seems like none of Nick G clients are in any rush (mckercher and Sanders)

Although i found it funny Nick response to whether the clubs of Tasmania boys has started conversation with him about early contract extentions he said no.

Last edited:
To anyone that has watched/listened - Did Nick Gieschen say anything of note in Gettable today?

Not particularly. Harley and the club not desperate to get things moving. He has 2.5 years left on his contract, usually talks would start around 1.5 years out.

Harley isn't alone in this. Lots of Geish's first round picks aren't pressing or being pressed for extensions yet.

He also discussed Witherden, TBs decision last year, maybe some other stuff I can't recall right now.

Sam is pretty well known for deploying taggers and also becoming known for wanting take away oppo strengths as much as possible. Had Hutchings in our midfield, and also uses Maginness at Hawks.

I’d be very surprised if Sam doenst pull some levers in how to manage Harley and/or Yeo.
Might get Nash to stand next to someone like every club gets their defensive mid to do, he doesnt tag a midfielder when hes got his first choice midfield available.
Maginness his actual tagger has mostly been used on a half back type in the past, but hasnt been tagging this year anyway, and isnt even in the 22.

Agreed, a good rest for Harley and a trip home; put some stuff into perspective; it also helps deflate all the media hype for awhile.
I'm sure it'll return in accordance with his on field performance?

Agreed, a good rest for Harley and a trip home; put some stuff into perspective; it also helps deflate all the media hype for awhile.
I'm sure it'll return in accordance with his on field performance?

Wait why would he get a trip home?

Suck it up and stay to support your teammates. He enjoyed his time a bit too much last time and came back cramping up.

People are obsessed with him staying. I’d rather he just went than having to talk about it until he signs a 10 year contract, which may never happen. People get way too attached.

Nah just said what Ryan Daniels said in his tweet. Harley reid and wce are happy. Not right time to sign yet. Too early. No rush. Seems like none of Nick G clients are in any rush (mckercher and Sanders)

Although i found it funny Nick response to whether the clubs of Tasmania boys has started conversation with him about early contract extentions he said no.

Good on him. Otherwise chooks (media) would have a field day.

I think it would be good if he was able to stay and watch the game this week - and just be one of the boys - then head home from Sunday for 6/7 days encompassing the bye, and come back for a training block before tackling the Hawks.
I think that's what I would do if possible. Good option.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back