List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know what his final count was for broken tackles?

Just from watching I saw at least 3 a game in the last month or so of football but am not sure how far he was from the record.

Those video highlights are insane even if that was his 100th game highlights package, he's still a teenager FFS. However the vertical cropping of the video stinks.

We so need to do everything possible to keep this kid.
What will his hi-light clip be like in 3-4 years time. OMG.

We do what we can but I refuse to panic over whether he will stay or go. There is no benefit of doing that.

If he goes, he goes and the draft bounty will be tremendous in return that we are bound to at hit at least 1 a grader and possibly more if we draft well.

If we can’t draft well, then we can’t win a premiership with him anyway and moot point.

Now what we need to do is make sure barrass is basically kicked on the way out - that way Reid knows what he will need to go through to leave. Can’t let barrass just leave on nice terms.

Darling I am ok to leave as he is 32 and can’t ask for more of a service than he has given. He still felt purpose after premiership, unlike barrass who let it be known he lacked purpose after ultimate achievement.

Well he had found a purpose, get the fattest contract you can and blame others.

Last edited:
I suspect after this next draft/trade period, new coaches and player talent on board, the young crew including Harley will be even more committed to the club and the rebuild...

I don't think he's leaving any time soon, but I do wonder what WC would demand in a trade. It'd be huge

I reckon he'll do a Juddy and stick around until his free agency kicks in and go to the highest Victorian bidder...maybe hope for us if we've turned things around completely and we're top four contenders by that time...we'll for sure have the money, it'll just be whether he'll want to go home or not.

Oh, and we will never get a fair deal in return for him. Hawks didn't get close for losing Buddy, neither did Geelong really for losing Ablett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he'll do a Juddy and stick around until his free agency kicks in and go to the highest Victorian bidder...maybe hope for us if we've turned things around completely and we're top four contenders by that time...we'll for sure have the money, it'll just be whether he'll want to go home or not.

Oh, and we will never get a fair deal in return for him. Hawks didn't get close for losing Buddy, neither did Geelong really for losing Ablett.

I don't really understand this rationale.

What's the appeal for playing for a big Vic club? I guess less travel but other than that there's not much else, especially when those big clubs will be around the bottom by the time FA kicks in for him and we all know how big of a group of bandwagoners their respective supporters are and how quickly they jump off when not competing.

I don't really understand this rationale.

What's the appeal for playing for a big Vic club? I guess less travel but other than that there's not much else, especially when those big clubs will be around the bottom by the time FA kicks in for him and we all know how big of a group of bandwagoners their respective supporters are and how quickly they jump off when not competing.

Coz the glass is always half empty. 🙄

Juddy would be the exact trade for him to emulate. Announce he's going to Vic but only to the highest bidder as he's looking after the club that he won a flag with (2030 - bookmark it).

We can then put the screws in big time, like we did to Carlton. That 2007 draft/trade period was the equivalent of another bottom 4 draft haul in our rebuild. Got JK in trade and Chris Masten. I doubt we would have won a 4th flag by now if Judd hadn't left, as we would probably have hovered mid table until around 2011/2012.

Juddy would be the exact trade for him to emulate. Announce he's going to Vic but only to the highest bidder as he's looking after the club that he won a flag with (2030 - bookmark it).

We can then put the screws in big time, like we did to Carlton. That 2007 draft/trade period was the equivalent of another bottom 4 draft haul in our rebuild. Got JK in trade and Chris Masten. I doubt we would have won a 4th flag by now if Judd hadn't left, as we would probably have hovered mid table until around 2011/2012.
Should have gotten pick 1 and 20 and JJK.

If Carlton had given us pick 1 there was no Kennedy. JK was the price they paid to give us pick 3 instead of pick 1

Kennedy and Masten turned out better than Cotchin would have for us

If Carlton had given us pick 1 there was no Kennedy. JK was the price they paid to give us pick 3 instead of pick 1

Kennedy and Masten turned out better than Cotchin would have for us

That’s not the point to many. It’s fact Judd left and they cannot see situation beyond simply him leaving.

I can't recall anything written or spoken that said pick 1 was on the table. Happy to be shown where though as it was some time ago.

Not sure this needs to be discussed.

Listening to Simmo talk about in on Backchat, didn't get the impression he was anything other than confident Harley will be a West Coast player for a while, unless I missed something.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back