List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Graham (Unrestricted Free Agent)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can send this guy to Dubai and get his soft tissue problems sorted out.
He will be great for our team as a solid role player that will help protect the kids.
Graham’s injuries are exaggerated. Most injuries he’s suffered were bad corks, rib and shoulder, that’s because he’s warrior and puts his body on the line. He’s an honest footballer. Richmond supporters have been looking for scapegoats for our demise. Graham is one because he has not been the star a lot of supporters thought he maybe earlier in his career.

A hard worker who will run all day.

A hard worker who will run all day.
cloudy with a chance of meatballs GIF

Happy to cop the slack later if he turns out alright but can't stand this pick.

He is not a defensive mid, people saying this haven't watched him play.

He is a slow plodder and an non accumulator older (albeit more successful) Deven Robertson. Yes he fits an age bill but I hope he is in the WAFL asap. 4 years is so dumb. He will play next year at half forward and watch flankers sprint past him while he applies no pressure is my prediction.

Runs both ways, tackles, big body and for the type of layer he is, 20 touches is enough.

Instantly makes our team better.
I was trying to make a pun about " honest players we don't have many of" . I was portraying someone who had been jilted because of being lied to too many times . My humour isn't always good ( true)

Four years seems like a long deal for someone we might not even use in a year or two.
Why would we not use in a year or 2! In a year or 2 where do you think the rebuild will be? We aren't playing finals that's for sure. Even after this trade period there will still be 4-6 players we will recycle next year.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone have a listen to Dylan Grimes on SEN this morning when asked what we are getting in Jack Graham, and then tell me, who on our current list embodies these attributes. Attributes we have been screaming for for 3 years. Stop shitting your pants.

Then Grimes talks about mini.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dylan Grimes on SEN Vic this morning with Tom Morris & Gary Lyon re Graham, along the lines of:

"I've never seen a player push himself to the limit more than Jack."

"More than happy to do what he can for the team, its never about Jack."

"It wont take long for the players to fall in love with him"

"There a reason he was tipped to be the next Richmond captain two years ago"

Happy to cop the slack later if he turns out alright but can't stand this pick.

He is not a defensive mid, people saying this haven't watched him play.

He is a slow plodder and an non accumulator older (albeit more successful) Deven Robertson. Yes he fits an age bill but I hope he is in the WAFL asap. 4 years is so dumb. He will play next year at half forward and watch flankers sprint past him while he applies no pressure is my prediction.
Settle down Chief, it's not that bad.

If you want to see some stats that he would have contributed to our team, had he played for us this year, refer to a post I made in the contracts chat (attached below). Some of those stats indicate he is a defensive midfielder, such as 3rd for tackles & 4th for pressure acts.

He can play footy, is selfless, has great leadership qualities, premiership experience and pushes to get the best out of himself. Perfect for our list, with 20 odd kids under 20 years of age.

Further to that and most importantly, he cost nothing, other than salary cap space, which we have to pay a minimum anyway.

Instead of paying Zane Trew to run around, we upgrade him to Jack Graham and pay a little more cash each month.

With Baker and Graham all but locked in, I had a quick look at a few key stats to see what they bring to the table and where they would have stacked up in our side this year.

Baker:
  • 4th for PR - every player above him 29 or older.
  • 6th Coaches votes
  • 5th Disposals, 4th Contested Pos, 4th Ground Ball Gets, 8th Hard Ball gets.
  • 3rd Inside 50's
  • 6th Metres Gained.
  • 4th Turnovers - TK 1st, Yeo 2nd & Duggan 3rd.
  • 7th Centre Bounce Attendance, 5th Clearances.
  • 6th Tackles, 2nd Pressure Acts.
  • 6th Goals, 2nd Score Involvement, 5th Score Launch.
Graham:
  • 11th for Player Ratings - Only two players younger than him above him, Reid 6th & Ginbey 9th.
  • 7th Disposals, 8th Contested Possessions, 6th Ground Ball Gets, 11th Hard Ball Gets.
  • 9th Inside 50's, 9th Score Involvements.
  • 6th Centre Bounce Attendance, 6th Clearances.
  • 3rd tackles, 4th Pressure Acts.

View attachment 2128801

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the delay with the compo and WCE welcome announcement on this one? AFL trying to fudge the compensation pick again?

Official paperwork hasn’t been lodged yet - Richmond announced Graham advised them of his intention to move to West Coast as a FA but that’s all so far

Assume it gets lodged today at some stage then the AFL will work out the compo after that. Took a couple of hours for the ones on Friday to be announced

What’s the delay with the compo and WCE welcome announcement on this one? AFL trying to fudge the compensation pick again?
Possibly trying to work with everyone to secure a compo pick as part of Baker deal?

Or probably just not formally lodged yet.

I was trying to make a pun about " honest players we don't have many of" . I was portraying someone who had been jilted because of being lied to too many times . My humour isn't always good ( true)

Oh ok, now we are getting inside thoughts too? 💭

This is gonna be some kinda looooooooong ass offseason

Dylan Grimes on SEN Vic this morning with Tom Morris & Gary Lyon re Graham, along the lines of:

"I've never seen a player push himself to the limit more than Jack."

"More than happy to do what he can for the team, its never about Jack."

"It wont take long for the players to fall in love with him"

"There a reason he was tipped to be the next Richmond captain two years ago"

Premiership teammates pumping each other up, wow more news at 12

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Jack Graham (Unrestricted Free Agent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back