Welcome Welcome Josh Draper!! - 2022 Cat B Rookie List

Remove this Banner Ad

Thing is, I have always felt like he could be a good as a higher positioned defender who rebounds really well but he has really not shown it since his junior days until today. Maybe he just needed the stress of that situation to really get him going?

Was absolutely enormous today

Davies was getting monstered by Mclean, Draper switched on him and held his own

He’s got some serious talent.

Going to be a super long term player for us IMO.

He’s got some serious talent.

Going to be a super long term player for us IMO.
Best game by a young freo key defender in a long time. When Moose was in his second year I'm pretty sure he was in and out of te side and even spent a couple of games forward from memory. Joshy D in his second year played on an beat all key forwards in a team on top of the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has to get a Rising Star nom for this game right? That was infinitely more valuable than any kid playing forward in a smashing getting joe the goose goals. He was unbelievable and instrumental in us winning today.
How good was his composure with ball in hand late in the game. Just outstanding.

He's the exact sort of guy you want in your backline come finals, I hope we find a place for him even when Pearce/Cox are both back

Rising star nom this week or the comps a farce
He’s mobile, can move Chappy up the ground to keep him in.

Was championing the Hughes in because I didn't want him exposed. Suspect we lose if Hughes played instead.

Massive for the club and for his confidence.

Agreed.

On the opposite side I thought Hughes would have been far more useful then Davies.

This is sort of an aside from Draper but at the end of the day, I hope JLo backs in his youth a bit more from here on in. In particular, if we lose Darcy through injury I would love him to back in Reidy....

Killed it today. Poor fella was packing it in the interview after the game more nervous on camera than under a high ball 2vs1 and I respect that.
Yeah after Fyfe said he'd give a little I was expecting a bit more polish. One of those young players caught between acting like a normal person and acting like someone with media training.

Killed it today. Poor fella was packing it in the interview after the game more nervous on camera than under a high ball 2vs1 and I respect that.
Didn’t Answer the questions, just credit to the boys and prepared statements. Was so good .

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome Josh Draper!! - 2022 Cat B Rookie List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back