List Mgmt. Welcome Luke Dahlhaus as free agent (CONFIRMED & OFFICIAL 5 Oct)

Luke Dahlhaus . Do you want him at Geelong?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

its gone from a bad look to being a really bad look that isn't being corrected.

And that is alarming. Even if its nothing and he's created the poor personae, you'd think he'd fix it. Whatever deal that might have been agreed upon aint signed yet and can be changed.

He has to understand that.

GO Catters
Fair over reaction here Daz, it's gone from a probably silly instagram story to nothing. He deleted the story, nothing else has happened since then apart from Caro and Caro alone making a claim that hasn't gotten any traction at all.

He does not need to do anything else.. He didn't break any laws or any rules, he didn't abuse or vilify anybody, if anything I liked seeing what he said.. I hope he takes it personally and wants to prove Bob wrong

I've seen many a Cats player out on the turps looking like dills.

Ffs one of our players, during our best era, was 'buying' cocaine for a 'mate'.

Give Dahl a break. He was called out by a club champion, in which it was based on a feeling, rather than a measurement of his abilities I.e. any form of statistical analysis.

I'd be pissed.

Basically it was a free smack by Bob, knowing that Dahl was leaving. To me, Dahl has done nothing wrong other than show he has some raw feelings in leaving the Dogs. He's hurt, and likely by someone he respected.

I'll put it this way, nether Ling or Bartel has called out any previous teammate that's still running around in the team for their lack of heart.

What does that say about Bob?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have zero issue with seeing a player on the turps. Seen it many a time also.
But to have a Tuesday night drink program for two years is a whole different ball game.

its gone from a bad look to being a really bad look that isn't being corrected.

And that is alarming. Even if its nothing and he's created the poor personae, you'd think he'd fix it. Whatever deal that might have been agreed upon aint signed yet and can be changed.

He has to understand that.

GO Catters

For a player who has been in system for a while ... his approach for countering Bobs comment was a bit bush league for mine.

Perhaps we don't know the personality stuff behind the scenes, certainly my contact at Leopold questions whether he is is a smart recruitment as he has a bit of baggage.. to me for someone who is 25 and has been in system for so long ... has a history with BobM... why not arrange to get on SEN and have a chat...

"You know Bob ..I think you may have a point. At the time ..I thought I was giving it my all.. but I look back.. and there are some things that perhaps I could have done better. We all were so happy to bring success to the club and their supporters.. I will always have a huge spot in my heart for the Dogs for them giving me a chance but perhaps its time to freshen up and start again..Im moving into my mid to late 20's.. and its time to get serious to make the most of my time left...etc.." where as we get a twitter type social response..

I guess im too old.. I don't care about the guys going for a drink..id be hypocrite..as have enjoyed a beer and wine and whiskey all my life.. its just that modern media means you don't leave last night.. back at last night... and im not under the microscope like they are..

I hope the club are smart enough to have a couple of criteria in any contract...

Fair over reaction here Daz, it's gone from a probably silly instagram story to nothing. He deleted the story, nothing else has happened since then apart from Caro and Caro alone making a claim that hasn't gotten any traction at all.

He does not need to do anything else.. He didn't break any laws or any rules, he didn't abuse or vilify anybody, if anything I liked seeing what he said.. I hope he takes it personally and wants to prove Bob wrong

I couldn't agree more. A mountain over a molehill. Nothing to see here.

A lot of over reaction here. Adams now wants out of the Dogs. So there maybe other issues here.

So judging Dahl a bit early I think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Adams wanted out last year and then re-signed 6 months later.
He changes his mind more often than my wife when deciding what to wear to a party.

He runs with the whole, I'm happy to stay but if there's a trade I'm up for it line.

I guess im too old.. I don't care about the guys going for a drink..id be hypocrite..as have enjoyed a beer and wine and whiskey all my life.. its just that modern media means you don't leave last night.. back at last night... and im not under the microscope like they are..

You sure sound old :p

But seriously Dal had a good year in a struggling team. In his position it would be disappointing to say the least if your feedback was always pinning losses on you (and Libba) for not carrying all the other blokes enough. It may be true he could've played a bit better but it's not gonna make you feel valued if your doing ok and getting crtitcised by coach while others are playing shithouse all year.

Beveridge has clearly been unable to get these younger players going as well as he wants them to post premiership and has landed a lot of blame on Wallis, Libba, Stringer and Dal. Eventually you would have to say maybe the problem is Beveridge and his messaging.

You sure sound old :p

But seriously Dal had a good year in a struggling team. In his position it would be disappointing to say the least if your feedback was always pinning losses on you (and Libba) for not carrying all the other blokes enough. It may be true he could've played a bit better but it's not gonna make you feel valued if your doing ok and getting crtitcised by coach while others are playing shithouse all year.

Beveridge has clearly been unable to get these younger players going as well as he wants them to post premiership and has landed a lot of blame on Wallis, Libba, Stringer and Dal. Eventually you would have to say maybe the problem is Beveridge and his messaging.
Sorry but no.
I'm sure most would agree, ive posted appropriately on an opposition clubs board, so won't deconstruct the post, but it is well, well wide of the mark.

Since when is Bob Murphy the Dalai Lama of the AFL.
I for one am sick and tired of the pedestal some people seem to put him on.
Taking over Dermies mantle of talking about himself in the 3rd person, and always finds a way to make every footy story all about him.
Strikes me as a massive flog

Welcome to the Cattery Dahl, we could do with some of your mongrel around the place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking over Dermies mantle of talking about himself in the 3rd person, and always finds a way to make every footy story all about him.

Welcome to the Cattery Dahl, we could do with some of your mongrel around the place
After watching tv show Bob your right he is a flog

Agree, sick of his views of the world and himself.
Tries too hard to be a bit quirky.
The novelty has worn off, but he can't read his use by date...

Just heard that Dalhaus has purchased Little Creatures Brewery and is planning on moving in with Libba.
I heard this morning that Libba is on the market and not one club has expressed any interest in him. For an in and under mid who is undoubtedly talented, that is amazing if true

Problem with this is, he has mongrel off field, not on.

Last edited:
Happy to take him- what blackmarks? Celebrated the flag too long and hard-fine by me. He can get back to work now.
I would hazard a guess that he would have at least 2 strikes to his name under the drug policy

Being found unconscious from drugs outside a nightclub is Ben cousin levels of concern

I would hazard a guess that he would have at least 2 strikes to his name under the drug policy

Being found unconscious from drugs outside a nightclub is Ben cousin levels of concern
Haha yep but that was a long time ago-he is 26 now, maturing and has a bit of mongrel would be great in our team.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Luke Dahlhaus as free agent (CONFIRMED & OFFICIAL 5 Oct)

Back