List Mgmt. Welcome Luke Dahlhaus as free agent (CONFIRMED & OFFICIAL 5 Oct)

Luke Dahlhaus . Do you want him at Geelong?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I know stats don't tell the full story....

Avg per game 2018 Disposals 21.5 TKL 4 Rebound 50's 0.9 Inside 50's 2.5 Clearances 2.8 Contested Poss 8.2
He kicked 2 goals this year, which is way down on his average. He kicked 28 goals in 2013.

Career averages - Disp - 21.6 TKL 4.47 RB50 0.95 I50's 3.21 Clearances 2.57 Goals 0.7 Contested Poss 9.5

Besides his goal kicking been way down, his contested possessions avg was the lowest besides his first two seasons.

If he could get back to kicking goals then he could help, but I am not convinced.

That is not a very stringent test you are setting him.

It's the reason they are picking him up though isn't it.

Parsons, Gregson & co have just been diabolical this year. Dahlhaus is an immediate upgrade to our bottom 6 while we are in a window.

Maybe not the best use of cap space but you take what is available.

Surely we can offer 2 years.
But why?
He is a favourite player, but one year at a time, given the service he's had from us, is fair and reasonable. He is more than any player going around, a week to week proposition.
Who knows, IF we were able to win a flag this year, he could retire and look after his body.

Just ask yourself if you'd rather Dahlhaus or Parsons named in our front half.
Parsons got games as a forward because of injuries to Gregson, Linc, Menzel, Narkle etc.
Parsons was a rookie selection- he'd be nowhere near the alleged Dahlau$.
Reading on the Dogs board, the majority are not perturbed to lose him. Great effort, but just kicks into F50 haphazardly and is not the player to have in the team to beat teams that exert high pressure.
It's August 2018- is he really the best available? He could well be. If It was a choice, I'd rather keep Menzel on a one year deal and keep reassessing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again - good to see the club actively looking to repair our broken forward line (I've been saying it for years and years so it's good to see they are finally seeing the light). IMO its still years too late. Now the question of value and what we are paying him - very hard to know what the true figure is. Will arrive with an injury cloud like 99% of our older recruits - lets see if this one works out. Small forwards is top of our required list so he ticks that box. Didn't have much of an impact on the scoreboard this year so no reason we should be paying overs for him - he is no Eddie Betts...

But why?
He is a favourite player, but one year at a time, given the service he's had from us, is fair and reasonable. He is more than any player going around, a week to week proposition.
Who knows, IF we were able to win a flag this year, he could retire and look after his body.
How long did we have Fishy, Vardy and Macca on our injury list. Surely an extra year for a player not on the injury list is not a big stretch. Just my thoughts.

2 years Saints > 1 year Geelong.

I still can't imagine he would go to the Saints for something so small, it would mean giving up on his motivation to get back to AFL level just for the guarantee of another years pay if he breaks down again.

While he's still able to play Geelong will keep contracting him, for however many years that is.

Sounds like he’ll be at the Cats next year.

Want him played as a small pressure forward and think he could be very good for us.

Don’t want him played in the midfield as we’ve already got a good midfield setup, plus any extra midfield time we have available I want guys like Parfitt / Fogarty / Constable / Cockatoo getting it.
And I think that's what he will play. . 90% forward and 10% midfield

As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, at the very least, this improves the quality of our lower end.
I think despite the range of opinions on this forum almost everyone is united in understanding that the biggest problem we have is getting more from our worst players. He is best 22 and he's an upgrade on a number of the guys we've already got in that best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Luke Dahlhaus as free agent (CONFIRMED & OFFICIAL 5 Oct)

Back