Player Watch Welcome - Matt Coulthard - Pick 4 MSD 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Im thinking Matt Coulthard lives with the McWalter family and this was a Mrs McWalter selection

Go Well Matty hope you make the position yours

Give this boy the #11 now
Not sure he might be boarding with Lynch thats who he rang when his first game was announced, mentioned Lynchy's patner as well I think?

Not sure he might be boarding with Lynch thats who he rang when his first game was announced, mentioned Lynchy's patner as well I think?
Confirmed he lives with Lynch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We may have one here.
could end up being an absolute steal.
had a massive impact.
I thought he was a small forward in the stengle mode, but he pushes up the ground more than stengle.

Loved it how he came in and was commanding the ball straight away. Didn’t let us down either, was silk in every thing he did… blokes mind must be blown - started off the year playing for Port Noarlunga and next minute he’s fronting up playing on the G for the mighty tiges. Hope he can back it up next week

Mid season draft is turning out to be very fruitful

Particularly if Bauer, who played the best 3 minute debut I've witnessed turns out ok 😀

Good to see we might have a small forward that has the perfect balance btwn attack and defence.
Trezise still has a lot to offer CP

Loved it how he came in and was commanding the ball straight away. Didn’t let us down either, was silk in every thing he did… blokes mind must be blown - started off the year playing for Port Noarlunga and next minute he’s fronting up playing on the G for the mighty tiges. Hope he can back it up next week
From all reports he is a really good kid, has his head switched on and is popular among the group.
I’m excited.

From all reports he is a really good kid, has his head switched on and is popular among the group.
I’m excited.
Yeah seems like a nice kid in his interviews - was pure joy on his face after the final siren. You could tell he was proud of his performance as well. Couldnt be happier for him

Coulthard showed pretty clearly yesterday why the Tigers tanked to get pick 4 in the MSD to pick him up.

The most revealing thing is the "8 point game" performance v teams who we were:

1. competing against for Coulthard in the MSD, and

2. competing against for a final 8 berth.

There were 3 phases to our 8 point game season.

Phase 1, Lynch fully fit in rounds 1, 2, 3. 1 win v Crows, 1 draw v Blues, no losses. 1-1-0

Phase 2, lost Lynch long term, switch from flag aspirants to operation "Get Coulthard," to stop other teams being able to select him before us. Losses to Swans, Bombers, Dogs, Suns to strategically slip to 4th in the MSD. One win v Cats because we didn't want to slip further than we needed to get access to Coulthard, and "a little bit of history" with the cheating Cats. 1-4.

Phase 3, Coulthard safely secured in the MSD, a finals position to secure, 4 wins v Swans, Dockers, Giants, Saints. No losses. 4-0

So isn't it funny that when we had reason to win these 8 point games we went 5 wins 1 draw zero losses. And when we had reason to lose these games, we went 1 win 4 losses. :think:

Well played yet again Richmond FC. :cool:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back