Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: Alex Neal-Bullen - Traded for Pick 28

Will ANB replace Murphy?

• Yes, Neal-Bullen will push Murphy out of the side

• No, Nicks will pick both Neal-Bullen and Murphy

• No, Murphy will play with Neal-Bullen playing SANFL as depth

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of output quality I'd expect from each player in 2025 I think he would be in that 10-15 range
Why so low? 3rd this year (I suppose “top 5” does cover that)

2023 - From remaining players (with Brayshaw forced retirement) 5th last year

2022 - same criteria 8th

2021 - 8th in flag year

People are saying ANB is old , Jesus Gawn is 35 next year and May 33. They ain’t getting any better

just think that range should be more like 6-10

Happy Clapper journo from H Sun

Trade grade: Crows win over Dees in long-winded straight swap
https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/journalists/josh-barnes
TRADE: Melbourne trades Alex Neal-Bullen to Adelaide for pick 28
MELBOURNE: C
A second rounder is a solid enough return for a homesick forward. But Neal-Bullen finished third in the club’s best-and-fairest.
And in totality over the last two seasons, Melbourne essentially swapped Shane McAdam for Neal-Bullen, with the pick sent in this year’s deal the exact one that was swapped for McAdam.
That isn’t great business.
ADELAIDE: B+
Virtually a direct swap of McAdam for Neal-Bullen is a win. The Crows will happily plant ANB at half-forward and his hard running opens up for Josh Rachele and Izak Rankine to spend even more time on the ball.
A good addition to the forward line.
Where does Neal-Bullen sit among the best players in the Crows team? Top five, top seven?

2022 - same criteria 8th

2021 - 8th in flag year

People are saying ANB is old , Jesus Gawn is 35 next year and May 33. They ain’t getting any better

Dawson/Rankine
Rankine/Dawson
Thilthorpe
Fogarty
Soligo
MM
Rachele
Worrell
Murray
ANB?

"Which new teammates are you looking forward to playing alongside?"

Keaysy (Ben Keays) and Murph (Lachlan Murphy), two forward flankers, love that.

He'll be replacing one of them lol and we know who it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we want to try and turn our future multiple AA defender michalanney into a midfielder when we will have Dawson, Rankine, Soligo, Pick 4 this year, Curtin, Rachele and others there already. Leave him where he can be the general at the back and have him, worrell & murray form the backbone of our defence for the next decade. A high grade defence infront of a hopefully finally top drawer midfield feeding a very dangerous and multi pronger forward line is the dream. We are well on the way so lets not rip our best defender away from his natural home.

Last edited:
I have a feeling we chased him more than is being let on. ‘When the opportunity came up to come home” adds to that.

Reckon we knew he may have benefit to get home because of the personal reasons (not suggesting that narrative is made up), chased him with that knowledge and made it enticing enough to make him want it.

Not just he fell in our lap looking for a home and we took him up.

In other words, the personal reasons he could have dealt with and stayed at melb but we turned his head alongside them

I haven’t seen it confirmed but I believe a 4 yr deal was offered, we meet well (Nicks) before end of season - deal was done with ANB before it hit the media

I think we targeted his experience and particularly finals experience. Had some very good finals performances including 24 and a goal in their premiership win

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seemed destined to be our 2nd round pick from the moment this ANB announced he was moving. It's a fair deal and it sorts some needs that popped up last year, whether it's a lack of leadership from our senior players, need for lads who have won it all before to help develop our kids, or our struggles in pinning the ball in the forward 50.

Gets a tick from me. We haven't robbed Melbourne blind, but we've improved our best 22.

Pretty easy leadership group criteria this year.
  1. Younger than 30 for the entire season
  2. Played at least 100 games
  3. Played at least one final

So Dawson, Keays, ROB, Murphy, Fogarty, ANB?

Maybe you meant something like "played a final since 2017", otherwise surprised you'd include Murphy and ROB.

2022 - same criteria 8th

2021 - 8th in flag year

Hopefully he will be a surprise packet!
Demons BnF he finished 3rd.
Viney 407
Gawn 405
NB 402.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: Alex Neal-Bullen - Traded for Pick 28

Back