News Welcome to Carlton - Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
**OFFICIALLY DONE**

www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/blues-tigers-swap-grigg-collins/story-e6frg7mf-1225936186345

OUT-OF-CONTRACT Carlton midfielder Shaun Grigg will switch to Richmond in a straight swap for Tigers forward Andrew Collins.

The clubs settled on the swap late yesterday after the contracted Collins agreed to cross to Princes Park.

Collins was not on the trade table until the Blues requested him in exchange for the disgruntled Grigg.

In just his second season at Punt Road, Collins made a name for himself when he was the hero of Richmond's come-from-behind win over Sydney at the MCG in round 14 with the final two goals of the match.

collo.jpg

Andrew Collins:
Height - 187cm
Weight - 80kg
Drafted 2006 at pick 73
25 Career Games, 23 Career Goals

IT IS NOT CONFIRMED YET. WILL PROBABLY BE AGREED UPON TOMMOROW. NOT OFFICIAL YET. We will probably have to upgrade one of their picks.
But it has been agreed upon in principle? Still doesn't make any sense, especially when Collins is under contract and seemingly going fine at Richmond.

BACCS Grigg can outright play. Yeah his kicking can let him down but 190cm ball finding speed merchants who can play inside and out don't grow on trees. Most of us are ****ing pissed at him for walking out and thre rest don't know what they're talking about.

I don't know much about Collins though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, this is quite easily the trade of the week if true. Collins is light years ahead of Grigg, Richmond supporters love him.

Disagree. We might end up winners but Grigg can play. Was in our best on at least 3 occasions in his 8 games this season.

Very different types with Collins being a smart forward who can perhaps move into the midfield, while Grigg is a big bodied midfielder with suspect (but improving) decision making.

BACCS Grigg can outright play. Yeah his kicking can let him down but 190cm ball finding speed merchants who can play inside and out don't grow on trees. Most of us are ****ing pissed at him for walking out and thre rest don't know what they're talking about.
I don't know much about Collins though...

Spot on :thumbsu:

I love Collins.

Picked him up in a fantasy league years back so have been following him closely.

I reckon he's a player who can play a role like Hoops does when forward. Except he's got a bit more courage in him at this stage than Hoops did at his age. ;)

If this does become official a big thumbs up to the club for getting such a good deal for a wank like Grigg.

Mate, this is quite easily the trade of the week if true. Collins is light years ahead of Grigg, Richmond supporters love him.

You obviously didn't watch much of our games in the second half of the year, Grigg has a lot potential, his skills need work but he's an inside mid who has a lot of upside

The problem is I can't comment on whether Collins is sufficient compensation, judging by the reaction of the Tiger's supporters on their board, it is more than sufficient

They are fuming, I guess it's not our fault they are throwing the kitchen sink at an unproven player in Grigg

I don't think you've seen the way Grigg has performed in the latter half of 2010? Improved out of sight. There's a reason why he was targeted by Richmond.

I would hope that if he was to go that we'd get a player to compensate what we're losing. Hopefully, this works out for both sides.

Well, this article isn't as convincing, I guess it is your choice who to believe:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...igers-collins-20101008-16c4o.html?from=age_sb
Also, I just like the way Collins goes about it, no disrespect to Grigg, but his skills let him down far too often. I also see most games every weekend, so I've seen enough of Grigg to make a judgement. Grigg can play by the way, I'm not saying he can't, I just see Collins as the better player going foward.

Not great. But better than nothing I guess. Hopefully they'll upgrade one of our picks as well. Can't see him breaking into our midfield. Feel sorry for the guy. He was contracted, and they dumped him for Grigg. Wonder how his team-mates feel about that.

:)

I don't care if this guy never plays a game for our club, there will always be a place reserved for him in my heart. Takes guts getting up and leaving your club to accomodate a money hungry grub like dickface Grigg, hopefully he can develop into a servicable player!

If Grigg wants to leave the club, and we get a player that's been pretty handy this season and still young and still ways to go, then I reckon we should be pretty content.

Still leave Grigg with a nice F U.

If this is all true...

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome to Carlton - Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back