News Welcome to Carlton - Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont want to keep posting the same thing, but this trade is definately not confirmed yet! As far as i am aware Richmond were still considering the deal tonight and would give us an answer tommorow. I am as hopeful as the rest of us, but lets jsut wait or we may all end up very dissapointed.

Grigg's removed his pic in his blues jumper of his twitter page make of that as you will.

They are fuming, I guess it's not our fault they are throwing the kitchen sink at an unproven player in Grigg

Seemingly Richmond judge trade week success by the scraps they can pounce on in the PSD. Not a shred of coherent trade discussion to be had on that board, just retrobates frothing at the mouth at the prospect at picking up another clubs fringe players.

Well done guys...you sure showed us:eek:

Any deal where both groups of supporters walk away unhappy is probably a fair deal. I haven't seen much of Collins (did see his 2 goal heroics on LRT), but I haven't really been that impressed with what I have seen. Seems like a good ordinary type who plays with a lot of enthusiasm, kind of like a Richmond version of Mitch Robinson.

I'm prepared to believe Denham if he has run with it as fact. This is different to his usual rumour reporting, which is quickly forgotten. He is actually claiming this will happen tomorrow and both Carlton and Richmond supporters won't forget it if it doesn't happen.

Will wait for this to be confirmed, but I'd be over the moon if this trade happened.

Have always liked Collins as a player, and in a trade that could easily have resulted in us getting completely shafted, this is a great result. I'd do it even if we did have to upgrade a few of their later picks.

Here's hoping it is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will wait for this to be confirmed, but I'd be over the moon if this trade happened.

Have always liked Collins as a player, and in a trade that could easily have resulted in us getting completely shafted, this is a great result. I'd do it even if we did have to upgrade a few of their later picks.

Here's hoping it is true.

Same here.

He has always seemed like a good kid. Sort of like Hendo. He is young and there is plenty of room for improvement if he gets out of Richmond.

Wouldn't be unhappy at all if this trade happened.

The problem is I can't comment on whether Collins is sufficient compensation, judging by the reaction of the Tiger's supporters on their board, it is more than sufficient

They are fuming, I guess it's not our fault they are throwing the kitchen sink at an unproven player in Grigg

From what i gather that reaction has more to do with how much he is loved by the tiger fans then anything else.

all any doubters have to do to see if this is a decent trade for us is go to the ricmond board .... they are in meltdown over this.

Hope it gets confirmed so that I can have decent giggle.

Wow trade week has been exhausting this week!

I reckon that this will make it hard to play the three amigo's all at once. However, if Collins can rotate through the midfield then that could mean that the club would be working on developing Yarrans tank during the pre-season with the intention of having him playing on one of the wings.

Or... he could be being brought in as a long term replacement for Hoops.

That would have to be the plan.

I'm not quite sure whether or not Collins is AFL best-22 quality in the long term but at the very least he'll make a very handy depth player. Has to be considered a big win for the club considering the circumstances.

I think Grigg has more potential than Collins but it's not always about potential - Collins has the level-headed maturity that a club needs. Is an inspiring type of guy who you never have to question whether or not he leaves it all out on the field. Quite possibly the polar opposite of what we're losing in Grigg.

Anybody remember Matty Lloyd's tale about Collins?

That would have to be the plan.

I'm not quite sure whether or not Collins is AFL best-22 quality in the long term but at the very least he'll make a very handy depth player. Has to be considered a big win for the club considering the circumstances.

I think Grigg has more potential than Collins but it's not always about potential - Collins has the level-headed maturity that a club needs. Is an inspiring type of guy who you never have to question whether or not he leaves it all out on the field. Quite possibly the polar opposite of what we're losing in Grigg.

Anybody remember Matty Lloyd's tale about Collins?

I think that Hoops has a 1-2 more years on the front line and then he will become a depth player as his career winds down. About that time I reckon that Collins would have come on enough to take over Hoops place with confidence.

If this is true it must be that Richmond is willing to lose a little on this deal in order to achieve its overall strategy which may involve another one of your players. I don't think this hand has been 'played-out' just yet.;)

I reckon that this will make it hard to play the three amigo's all at once. However, if Collins can rotate through the midfield then that could mean that the club would be working on developing Yarrans tank during the pre-season with the intention of having him playing through the middle.

thats the clubs plan for this preseason

This is a strange deal. I'm just bitterly disappointed with what Grigg did. He'll be regretting that decision for the rest of his career. Would have thought a draft pick, or a player over 192cm would have been more logical. Grigg for Collins seems a downgrade to me, and he'd have to improve enormously to crack into our starting 22 and might be stuck in the Bullants. Feel sorry for Collins, given that he was committed to the Tiges, and is being thrown out by someone who was disloyal and shafted his club at the last minute for an easy game and a bucketload of cash. Well, thats trade week for you.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome to Carlton - Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back