News Welcome to Carlton - Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Niiiiiiiiice :thumbsu:

2cdbsp2.jpg

my colleague, a blues fan, is involved in a cricket club featuring the son of a former richmond player of the 90s. this former player is still involved with RFC. said colleague is currently on sabbatical so sent former richmond player an email requesting some feedback on collins ... here is the reply:

In relation to Collins I mentored him over the past 3 years and he is a beauty. Great kid with a strong will to succeed. He was shocked to be traded as he was wanting to be part of the tigers resurgence, however the tiges really wanted Grigg???? I cant understand the trade myself as Collins can kick the ball well and needs another pre season to be a consistent AFL player... I think Carlton have won this one, however its
the other problems and coaching structures that worries me at your club. All will be revealed next year I beleive in regards to your coach and the club going forward.

some promising comments re collins. interesting comments re grigg & how CFC's coaching is viewed from a rival club ...

sorry ... but not sure i'm following ... which part of what i posted is "rumour"?

i've pasted verbatim feedback relating to collins ... :confused:

Says you - sorry champ, no source no story, just another rumour. :)

I found the article I was looking for but couldn't find the link sorry mods. Great bloke to have on board.

Collins Class – Article from the Melbourne Tribunal
Please tell me you didn't believe this 'article'. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon my ignorance, but since when is being 'big' a prerequisite?

There are plenty of gd footy players the size of Andy. And trust me, he might look small, but he's hard as rock, and strong. You dont have to have huge arms or be toned to be strong.

Pardon my ignorance, but since when is being 'big' a prerequisite?

There are plenty of gd footy players the size of Andy. And trust me, he might look small, but he's hard as rock, and strong. You dont have to have huge arms or be toned to be strong.

This.

Some guys just look skinny, but are still as hard as nails and strong.

Michael Tuck was built like a whippet.

Ken Hunter too.

"Richmond doesn't recruit back flankers".

Ian Wilson knows footy like his daughter. ;) :eek:

I reckon Bradley carried the mantle as a soft outside mid, yet he tagged Hocking out of two games in 1995.

You don't play 380 games at the highest level if you're soft.

Kade Simpson is another hard and brave player who is a footy light weight.

Wasn't that the game where they were playing in ridiculous weather and players were sliding all over the place?

From memory there were a heap of stoppages and contested situations because of the weather, so I wouldn't read too much into Collins laying 12 tackles in that game.

Okay, that would make sense. Didn't they have 100 tackles each or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Welcome to Carlton - Andrew Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back