Welcome Welcome to Collingwood Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I'd love to put him on a wing and have he and Josh on the wings, but as has been said, since we lost Noble, we need one of the two at half back (possibly both). Josh actually played better football at HB this year than he did on the wing this year, so I actually don't mind the thought of both of them being back there

Houston, we don't have a problem!
I am rapt, stoked, delighted, euphoric...

Houston and Perryman will give us an awe insipiring half back line/defence, which will apply ferocious pressure in defence and an equally ferocious attacking rebound power.

Perryman will also give us extra midfield depth.

Along with Bruzza, what a combination of quality, skill and dour determination in defence!

Maybe IQ migrates to a wing in the future? Would love to see him unleash his talent there. Think he needs to lose a few kilos over the preseason in order to bring to the fore his electric dynamism as more important factor than body strength.

Still think we need another inside mid to shore up our midfield. We just don't know how Titch will be able to hold up next year, nor if Finn will make it.

That is why I wanted us to chase Matt Kennedy - not sure now if that is out of the question.

Maybe that is also why Devon Robertson - despite the scorn of several posters here - might be a good addition to our list, who would not be an expensive addition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re missing my point - there is no way they should have given up a future first round pick with what they have ended up with. This is probably because I don’t rate Lukosious at all

I guess they needed somebody now that Charlie Dixon has retired?

Houston, we don't have a problem!
I am rapt, stoked, delighted, euphoric...

Houston and Perryman will give us an awe insipiring half back line/defence, which will apply ferocious pressure in defence and an equally ferocious attacking rebound power.

Perryman will also give us extra midfield depth.

Along with Bruzza, what a combination of quality, skill and dour determination in defence!

Maybe IQ migrates to a wing in the future? Would love to see him unleash his talent there. Think he needs to lose a few kilos over the preseason in order to bring to the fore his electric dynamism as more important factor than body strength.

Still think we need another inside mid to shore up our midfield. We just don't know how Titch will be able to hold up next year, nor if Finn will make it.

That is why I wanted us to chase Matt Kennedy - not sure now if that is out of the question.

Maybe that is also why Devon Robertson - despite the scorn of several posters here - might be a good addition to our list, who would not be an expensive addition.
I think the Eagles are closing in on Devon.

I kind of relate the Dan Houston saga to the Ollie Henry saga, only PA got far more from Dan than we got from Ollie.

When a player says he wants to go home, I just can't see how a club can prevent him from going back. How can you believe that you will get the best out of a player after you have denied him a very profound desire: to go home to family etc.

And you can't hold the market to blackmail, because...the market is the market...and you can only get what the market decrees you can.

So I think that the trade was inevitable, and PA did the best they could in those very difficult circumstances.

...and they did get Lukosius (who I think could be very good), and Joe Richards who, most of us here believe, is a very promising prospect.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Collingwood Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back