Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

From someone on Reddit:

"So I was at the game. It was a bad tackle, real NRL crusher type. Got him high and then just landed on his head, thought it was one week at most, but given the WAFL are always super lenient, he'd get a reprimand. The fact they've suspended him for striking though is interesting. He must've hit him on the ground or something to that effect. Grey didn't come back for the rest of the game."

no to anything dirty while on the ground. Treacy pretty much got straight up off Grey and there were about 2 other Perth players helping Grey up, one may have even been Masten, and there was absolutely 0 carry on or agro directed at Treacy who was going to stand the mark. Again, there was an umpire right there who paid the free kick but didn't see anything to do anything else.

no to anything dirty while on the ground. Treacy pretty much got straight up off Grey and there were about 2 other Perth players helping Grey up, one may have even been Masten, and there was absolutely 0 carry on or agro directed at Treacy who was going to stand the mark. Again, there was an umpire right there who paid the free kick but didn't see anything to do anything else.

Sounds like one of those 'punish the outcome, not the action' thingos the AFL is so fond of.

It did not take Josh long to get pinged. I thought this might happen.

Its ok being a bash and crash type in the bush but not in the big league where every incident is dissected and powers in charge are getting spooked by concussion effects. He is going to have to temper his aggression at the man a bit. He has the ability to play the game on its merits.

This suspension might be a good early wake up call for the lad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It did not take Josh long to get pinged. I thought this might happen.

Its ok being a bash and crash type in the bush but not in the big league where every incident is dissected and powers in charge are getting spooked by concussion effects. He is going to have to temper his aggression at the man a bit. He has the ability to play the game on its merits.

This suspension might be a good early wake up call for the lad.

Ordinarily I’d agree with this, but it just seems like such a massive stitch up. 3 weeks is also huge in comparison to the lenient penalties handed down in the AFL these days. Players generally only get 3+ weeks if it’s fairly egregious these days and then you apply the Big $$ Team discount.

I can't see the video because I refuse to subscribe to the West, but the still frame looks like a typical Shuey/Selwood method of dropping the knees. Have been waiting for years for someone to knock their block off like this. It's their own fault if they get knocked out as far as I'm concerned.

Should be able to argue it down from intentional to careless/reckless (or whatever term they use now) and drop a week off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back