Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know about that, where exactly does he get him? Vision is inconclusive. Did the concussion come from hitting the ground or the swinging arm?

It's not a tackling motion though to follow through with a swinging arm. I'm happy we are appealing if theres a chance to get him off but if he does get off its because he missed with the swinging arm and the concussion came when Treacy fell on him. Either way, there's a lesson to be learnt for young Josh. You can't tackle like that and not at some stage do weeks.

Let’s be honest that looks pretty bad. If he was a big name there might be some chance of some leniency. The dockers must be somewhat confident though if they are appealing?
Can’t be going around with wild swinging arms like that though. Reckless and dangerous. If Grey is concussed then it’s even worse for Treacy.

I don’t know about that, where exactly does he get him? Vision is inconclusive. Did the concussion come from hitting the ground or the swinging arm?
If you're swinging your arm like that from behind, there is a shit ton of risk associated with it, meaning having to accept any consequences that come with it. I would have taken the two weeks personally, but maybe I'm being a little harsh on the big fella.

If I ever happen to break the law - I’m calling you for my legal defence !

Swinging arm = gone

Brady ducking didn’t help his cause though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was at that game, and there was no aggro around that incident.

Based on that vision. Treacy should get off. Keep your eyes on Brady Grey, he does the Shuey drop and Treacy would be simply wrapping him up if Grey hadn't intentionally collapsed like that. No-one around the contest reacts. There was no malicious intent. It was just an unfortunate accident.

Based on that vision. Treacy should get off. Keep your eyes on Brady Grey, he does the Shuey drop and Treacy would be simply wrapping him up if Grey hadn't intentionally collapsed like that. No-one around the contest reacts. There was no malicious intent. It was just an unfortunate accident.

Maybe thats the angle we'll go for. It was classed as a deliberate high hit. We would have to argue that it wasn't deliberate to get him off or downgraded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frame by frame it doesn't look as bad. Could go either way. Does anyone here seriously think Treacy was intentionally trying to strike him? He needs to learn from it regardless but I can definitely see the case to downgrade to careless.

I agree with you, but interesting that the club then submitted it to be reviewed

Its possible that he was trying to hit the ball away but it doesn't really look like it

I would be very surprised if it got overturned. Dumb act by Treacy IMO. Needs to be a lot smarter than that. Has let the club down and the season has not even started.

Hope he learns from it.

Presumably the basis for the challenge would be downgrade to careless from intentional? I'd say that looks stupid and careless.
I hope we're also trying to plead exceptional circumstances to get the weeks of penalty applied pre WAFL season commencing

Last edited:
Yep, they’ll go with the Gaff defence, didn’t mean to get him in the head, but he dropped his knees.
Gaff reckoned chest, Treacy will say trying to knock the ball out.
Swinging arm never looks good, but they might get it downgraded, but not off completely.

I don't really have a problem with it. Sure he swings his arm but Treacy wins the tap then immediately follows it up with an absolute cruncher. Don't coach the mongrel out of him.

I doubt they'll let him off, but Grey very clearly and dramatically ducks the tackle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back