Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

I see it says a 3 match suspension - but there's no WAFL until the beginning of April.

It used to be that if you were reported in the WAFL you still had to sit out for the amount of matches in the WAFL - if the weeks co-incided with AFL matches then a 3 week suspension meant you could play AFL in 3 weeks - but if they didn't, like if there was a bye week in the WAFL the suspension might carry over for 4 weeks.

I'm concerned the actual amount of time out might be worse than it appears.

edit: I'm guessing that's what it says in that article in the West in the previous post

Wtf. Round 5 how? The west just love their amateurish journalism
unless we get an exemption, he’ll serve his suspension until 2 rounds of WAFL is played, which means he wouldn’t be eligible for senior selection until round 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"No report was laid, but the Demons submitted a "Notice of Investigation" post-match and the WAFL Match Review Panel sat on Monday afternoon, grading the strike as intentional conduct, medium impact and high contact."

Who is on the WAFL match review panel?

You'd kind of hope if they are suspending him for 3 weeks down to 2: (a) they have clear footage of him striking Gray not just hearsay nor in the process of tackling; (b) that the footage is of Treacy and is not a case of mistaken identity; and (c) they've shared the footage with Fremantle so they can make an educated choice whether to appeal or not.

But this is the WAFL so it is possible none of those things could be true.

Sometimes they overdo it with WAFL charges. I can remember Morabito towards the end of his time on the Dockers list being charged with a 2 or 3 week suspension for rough conduct and it being dropped.

Yep the WAFL seem a fair bit harsher than what we see at AFL level. Some Claremont girl also got 3 down to 2 this week for careless conduct, high impact and high contact.

"No report was laid, but the Demons submitted a "Notice of Investigation" post-match and the WAFL Match Review Panel sat on Monday afternoon, grading the strike as intentional conduct, medium impact and high contact."

Who is on the WAFL match review panel?
Then that’s exactly the Hancock incident. SURELY they’ll appeal, get the footage and he ll Get off. Treacy didn’t strike anyone. Wouldn’t WAFL suspensions just be AFL games. As if they ll do if he misses the first few weeks of Peel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back