Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

He was trying to hit the ball. No way that was intentional. Reckless? Yes. But not intentional. Oblong ball bounces strange directions which means you’re gonna have this type of contact. Fact: Grey had the ball. How do we know that Traecy didn’t hit the ball first and then his fist hit Grey. Do we want players to stop going for the ball when another player has possession?

I think the fact that no player looked concern and no official seemed bothered to report. How does a flagrant foul worthy of a three week suspension get missed by everyone? Answer: It doesn’t.

Glad they’re appealing. Fingers crossed his suspension gets downgraded.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If at the very least the "intentional" part doesn't get thrown out tonight then it'd be impossible to take the tribunal process seriously.

If at the very least the "intentional" part doesn't get thrown out tonight then it'd be impossible to take the tribunal process seriously.
I completely agree but they might apply the same "reasoning" they apply to bumping: choose to bump, deal with the consequences.
No way was that tackle motion intentional to strike his head but we have seen stupid decisions before and I am not confident

I completely agree but they might apply the same "reasoning" they apply to bumping: choose to bump, deal with the consequences.
No way was that tackle motion intentional to strike his head but we have seen stupid decisions before and I am not confident
Agreed, it wasn't an intentional strike to the head but if you throw a swinging arm to a player from behind, particularly if they are in motion, you are inviting trouble.

I'm sure Josh will learn from this.

See what you're saying, but the caveat on the bump is if you choose not to tackle or go past the ball or leave your feet and bump and make head contact you're in trouble, none of which applies here obviously. It's not a sling tackle either if you're looking at dangerous tackles. Still... you're right not to feel confident.

dumb move to appeal in my opinion. Need a miracle. Will not be available for the first 5 AFL games if it fails.

I hope some one gave the kid a rocket behind closed doors. Let the team down bigtime and cost himself a debut. Who knows - he may never get another chance.

Super disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The WAFL can't even organise a basic website that works. You really think they are capable of live streaming their tribunal hearings?
Well, no.
but there’s not even any media I can find tweeting it

Yeah I'm assuming because it is behind closed doors. The WAFL wouldn't want to expose their incompetence. Well any more than they do on a weekly basis that is.
St Patrick's Day, should have allowed a couple of homeboys with a few Beamish under their belts to attend

What’s this bullshit of Longmuir conceding we won’t overturn it and he needs to stamp it out of his game. Why ******* bothering appealing you peanuts!

Yeah very bizarre.

Also when he says we're not gonna rob Peter to pay Paul...regarding playing a defender in the fwd line. Open your eyes Justin!!! Our backline is stacked with talls..now tabs is injured. Possibly.

I like Jlo, hes a smart coach. Just a little conservative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back