Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

If I hear a commentator say "He's one of the most improved players in the comp" I'll spew up.

It was always obvious he could play, just plain lazy commentary
Is he not one of the most improved players in the comp? He's gone from fringe best 22 to one of the best KPFs in the comp. It's a pretty crazy improvement

well his season is turning deadly good!!! I can't believe the confidence; the swagger and the skillset he's showing consistently. He feels very important to this present run, so if anything is gonna happen....it feels like because Treacy's timing and form has been where it's at. Both he and Amiss are canny talls, whereas Tabs (maybe a bit unfairly) was a bit more 'clunky'...did well to forge out the career he did but it feels like Freo can take the next step because of the modern-day KPF Amiss and Treacy and Jackson are becoming; super versatile; smart, mobile and aerobic.....and top synergy between them too - Josh is a leading light in that zone. Great year to date, he looks like it's fun to be out there for him

I told you this would happen. As soon as he started clunking marks he would be a weapon.

Now here's the next prediction. He's going to get better. He tires too early in games, he has a big impact early and then it's not like defenders figure out who he is, he comes off peak output.

After a week off he will tear apart a team, after a couple more preseasons he will tear apart a competition.

Basically the difference in him from last year to this is he is holding his marks. I posted last year that he was getting in the right positions, getting first hands on the ball and then dropping the mark. So yes, he has improved remarkably. If anyone needs reminding what he was like last year just look at Jacko up forward this year, first hands on the pill but fumbles the mark. Jacko needs to follow what ever Josh did last pre season!

Just caught up on the poddy the big kahuna did with Clark & O'Driscall.

Look out Brisbane Lions whatever sledge Harris Andrews said to him back in 2021 Josh has that in his memory bank for the rest of his career i reckon and hasn't forgotten and has a point to prove everytime he plays him/them.

Treacy is just flat out an unbelievable gun, I'm elated his season has sky-rocketed the way it has and looking forward to more in the coming seasons as he's only 21 (not long off 22, getting old lad!)!! Reckon he looked about 21 when he was 14 hehehe!

I hope he rips West Coast a new one this Sat!! Cheers to you Josh!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie drafted in 2020. Here's how he compares this season to the number 1 draft pick from that year, who plays in the same position (JUH on the left, JT on the right).

View attachment 2061221
Clearly didn’t go #1 because he doesn’t kick enough behinds, get frees paid against him or have enough clangers.

Rookie drafted in 2020. Here's how he compares this season to the number 1 draft pick from that year, who plays in the same position (JUH on the left, JT on the right).

View attachment 2061221
I still reckon Jamarra is the most overrated young player in the game.

I still reckon Jamarra is the most overrated young player in the game.
He's still young but its fair to say you'd be wanting your prized number 1 pick KPF to be tracking better than a rookie by their 4th season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Josh Treacy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back