Autopsy Welcome to Freo Liam Henry – Fremantle’s 3rd 2019 National Draft Pick [Match bid Pick #9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elephant in the room with noddy is that his kicking is terrible for an outside player

His kicking is fine for a clearance midfielder though, that long flat left out of the middle inside fifty would be very effective, in my opinion.

Clearly there is animosity between Young and the club. However, Young owes a fiduciary duty to his clients; the personal animosity between the two groups is not really relevant. The dogs are offering more money for Henry, and that's really the only factor at play here.

A career as a player agent is a piece of piss.

His kicking is fine for a clearance midfielder though, that long flat left out of the middle inside fifty would be very effective, in my opinion.
Yeah surely long term the aim is for Noddy to be inside at least half the time. Big body with some speed. Much easier to hide your kick in there ala Danger.

Pretty sure Griff is loving it over there

Traino said he moved to Melbourne on the big bucks, shaved his head and has a model girlfriend now, best decision of his life

To most players footy is just a job, and just like us when they get an opportunity to earn more they jump at it. And really who could blame them, when their whole careers can be snuffed out in an instant? We need to stop romanticising notions of loyalty and glory and getting mad when people make practical life decisions.

To most players footy is just a job, and just like us when they get an opportunity to earn more they jump at it. And really who could blame them, when their whole careers can be snuffed out in an instant? We need to stop romanticising notions of loyalty and glory and getting mad when people make practical life decisions.
Of course Griff is happy. Doesn’t have to play for 12 months while still pulling in 600k a year. I know I would be happy

So yet another winger is leaving and we have to spend yet more seasons developing another one. Are we ever going to have a season where we'll have a full list of developed players ready for a premiership tilt? We're beginning to feel like the Ship of Theseus except we lose decent planks and replace them with untested ones to keep us in mid-table mediocrity.
does every premiership team have every position perfectly covered? I know it was a few years back now, but that Western Coast team that we often forget about cause they sit on the bottom alot (i.e. irrelevant) had a player called Angus Gaff or something and he was their top winger and one of their star players at the time, but he sat out their whole finals series and they still managed to win. Food for thought.

does every premiership team have every position perfectly covered? I know it was a few years back now, but that Western Coast team that we often forget about cause they sit on the bottom alot (i.e. irrelevant) had a player called Angus Gaff or something and he was their top winger and one of their star players at the time, but he sat out their whole finals series and they still managed to win. Food for thought.
No Nic Nut, Gaff or Sheppard and they won flag. In terms of talent, that team was absolutely stacked.

I think we have to realise Colin Young is just doing his job, the guys who pick him as their manager are more money focused - yes all agents are money focused but Young is damn good at getting his players amazing deals and often long term ones. Cam McCarthy was on big dollars, Lobb twice has swindled clubs, Logue is on a deal of a lifetime at North.

I am bitter as I feel like the club has done well by him, bewildered as to why he would leave an up and coming squad that he is locked into the best 18 and battered that we keep losing quality year after year, but life goes on, Ethan Stanley gets a run, NOD can have a look at that role again in 2024, maybe someone comes our way.

I think we have to realise Colin Young is just doing his job, the guys who pick him as their manager are more money focused - yes all agents are money focused but Young is damn good at getting his players amazing deals and often long term ones. Cam McCarthy was on big dollars, Lobb twice has swindled clubs, Logue is on a deal of a lifetime at North.

I am bitter as I feel like the club has done well by him, bewildered as to why he would leave an up and coming squad that he is locked into the best 18 and battered that we keep losing quality year after year, but life goes on, Ethan Stanley gets a run, NOD can have a look at that role again in 2024, maybe someone comes our way.
We seem to have no problem developing wingers. Weller, Langdon, Hill, Acres, Henry. Problem is keeping them.

I still don't know how on earth Young managed to get Lobb 500k for 4 years at dogs.

I just wish the draft capital was commensurate with the pay these guys get and length of contract.

This so much. They are very different things. I legit wonder if Griff regrets his move at the moment, even before the ACL I'd bet he does. I am not going to beget Logue taking that offer, I'm not going to beget anyone taking a much bigger monetary offer in a career as short-lived as an AFL player BUT Young absolutely encourages his clients to prioritise money over anything else and that doesnt necessarily mean happiness.

I thought the man was a slimy douchebag before Mark Duffield basically started slandering him all over his podcast and after he did, I knew he was a slimy douchbag. I dont think I've ever heard Duffield talk about a public football person as he did Young last year
I think you mean begrudge. Beget means other things, including rooting in order to make babies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah surely long term the aim is for Noddy to be inside at least half the time. Big body with some speed. Much easier to hide your kick in there ala Danger.
Yeah but we probably have better options in there now with Young, Erasmus and Johnson.

So we have only just started seeing the best of Henry and he is thinking of leaving . Surely he needs to payback the club for all the work it has put into him.And the club needs to give a fair contract to pay for the potential he can achieve.I had my doubts he could make it mid season but have been impressed with his last few games .He gets the ball and just has to tidy up a few things and is a valuable asset.Come on Liam you have only given a little bit to Freo and it's supporters.Sonny Walters gave his all for this club and sometimes it's not about the individual but being a Team and club man.Fremantle is Liams best choice and he should commit to the club sooner rather than later.

Find it interesting the rumours he’s attracted to the big lights of city life.
As a professional sportsman, that shouldn’t be a priority.
For the truly elite players, it's not a priority at all.

So Snuff doesn’t want to have babies with Griff?👀
I think that’s still on the table
Of course it’s on the table, have you seen that man?
happy moves GIF by 7Sport

Do we forget just how bad a kick Langdon was... and still is?
Noddy will be a better than average wingman for us.
I always rated Langdon higher than most on here, feel like his kicking is fine

Noddy has a genuinely garbage kick that somehow worked last year, he probably needs a complete rework of kicking action tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back