Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Nathan O'Driscoll (Pick 27)

Remove this Banner Ad

Now I don't think this will eventuate, but as far as a ceiling of potential goes, I think Odriscoll has a higher ceiling than all 3 of Brayshaw, Serong and Young.

O'Driscoll is just the type of player midfielder that takes off a little later than other mids, but reaches a higher level.

Outside midfielders / forwards with athletic ability and goal sense who end up as full time inside mids quite often end up as the very best players.

Dusty started forward and broke out late, Fyfe the same, Petracca and Danger as well.

Odriscoll loves a goal, is big and explosive, agile, massive running ability. He's got all the tools to become the best player in the league.

Obviously this is a long way away, particularly with all the injuries he keeps picking up. And it's obviously a long shot that he ends up being a brownlow level player. But the potential is absolutely there. Exciting.

I don't know about best player in the league - there is in the way a certain big-bodied, lank-blond-haired dude with huge marking ability, elite foot skills and evasiveness to burn* - but Noddy certainly could take his burst speed and big frame into the middle to devastating effect.

*Hayden Young of course.

Now I don't think this will eventuate, but as far as a ceiling of potential goes, I think Odriscoll has a higher ceiling than all 3 of Brayshaw, Serong and Young.

O'Driscoll is just the type of player midfielder that takes off a little later than other mids, but reaches a higher level.

Outside midfielders / forwards with athletic ability and goal sense who end up as full time inside mids quite often end up as the very best players.

Dusty started forward and broke out late, Fyfe the same, Petracca and Danger as well.

Odriscoll loves a goal, is big and explosive, agile, massive running ability. He's got all the tools to become the best player in the league.

Obviously this is a long way away, particularly with all the injuries he keeps picking up. And it's obviously a long shot that he ends up being a brownlow level player. But the potential is absolutely there. Exciting.

NOD reminds me of Dipper for some reason. Big, slightly awkward but effective wingman who can look amazing or rubbish all at the same time.
Plenty of development left in him providing he can stay healthy.

I mean Drizzy looks alright and he 'should' be a pretty good player, but gee whiz, I highly doubt he'll ever crack the top 100.

Think people are overreacting a bit on him.

I mean Drizzy looks alright and he 'should' be a pretty good player, but gee whiz, I highly doubt he'll ever crack the top 100.

Think people are overreacting a bit on him.

You have misinterpreted what I ment.

I said I highly doubt he ever reaches that sort of ceiling, it's obviously unlikely.

But he has the potential to, which is far more than most.

Nice one Mrs O'Driscoll...

Wow!
I seriously apply to be a member of your club!
Can someone second my nomination please?
I love the guy and the family and just really really want your prediction to come true!
Pick #27 in 2022!
Great story!
Yokai!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been a Noddy fan since he played his first game.
So much promise, and as you say, may take a bit longer than some others.
He is big, strong and fast, and skilled/
Players like him don't come along every day.
We need to stick with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Welcome to Freo- Nathan O'Driscoll (Pick 27)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back