Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

He keeps showing me more every single week as to why he's a future star. His ability to be clean and precise is outstanding. He's just a super gifted natural footballer who is seriously going under the radar. Newk, Day, Ward, Frenchy and he are going to form a seriously good midfield in the future and you can potentially and hopefully add Reid into that mix as well. Wow!

I think he is likely to be a HFF-Mid for the foreseeable future as he has a knack of kicking a goal or two most weeks. Coaches love that and he was good in that role again today. Have to keep reminding myself he is a second year player with heaps of improvement to come. But has high footy IQ

A top 3 performance of his career yesterday. All I have to say is that he had 7 score involvements. That's more than his output through the first two rounds combined. His ability to find himself involved up the field has been an issue for him, but he was able to, and you could see the difference it made. His silky smooth disposal efficiency was also on display, with a near-game high of 87.5%. And how about that goal 😍

I think he is likely to be a HFF-Mid for the foreseeable future as he has a knack of kicking a goal or two most weeks. Coaches love that and he was good in that role again today. Have to keep reminding myself he is a second year player with heaps of improvement to come. But has high footy IQ
I reckon he’s a true midfielder but has better forward craft than the other young lads so he’s the first one to play on a flank to make room. That full pace half volley collect and give was pure class. Quickly became my favourite last year, currently battling with frenchy for that title but reckon I’ll stay with the OG.

He keeps showing me more every single week as to why he's a future star. His ability to be clean and precise is outstanding. He's just a super gifted natural footballer who is seriously going under the radar. Newk, Day, Ward, Frenchy and he are going to form a seriously good midfield in the future and you can potentially and hopefully add Reid into that mix as well. Wow!
You can build premiership teams with footballers like CMac.

The part I love is that he doesn’t really feel like a natural forward but he’s good enough to adapt and find a way to play well in that role and kick goals. I think he ends up as a midfielder but if he can maintain that goal sense, will only bode well for his future.

The part I love is that he doesn’t really feel like a natural forward but he’s good enough to adapt and find a way to play well in that role and kick goals. I think he ends up as a midfielder but if he can maintain that goal sense, will only bode well for his future.
It’s been a while since we’ve had a midfielder who can genuinely go forward and kick goals

It’s been a while since we’ve had a midfielder who can genuinely go forward and kick goals
I think Duke is that, as well.

Lewis, our last?

*Burgoyne doesn't count, because he transcends positions on the football field

Burgoyne
Hodge
Lewis
Smith

All genuine goalkicking mids, especially Hodge and Burgoyne, whenever they played in the midfield, they seem to score!

Macdonald, Mackenzie, Jai, Day and Ward hopefully become forward of centre threats to the opposition in games to come. Goalkicking mids are worth their weight in gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Connor MacDonald! Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back