Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2029!

Remove this Banner Ad

A little left field, but perhaps a run with role with BlictyaxzzY (I have no idea how to spell his name). Perhaps Clarko sees him as a danger player (I hear he’s good now?) and a good opportunity for Nash to learn.
Blivcas is playing as a last defender these days, so prob not really an opportunity to play run-with.

A little left field, but perhaps a run with role with BlictyaxzzY (I have no idea how to spell his name). Perhaps Clarko sees him as a danger player (I hear he’s good now?) and a good opportunity for Nash to learn.

Try Blicavs. Quite easy to spell but harder to pronounce correctly.

Blivcas is playing as a last defender these days, so prob not really an opportunity to play run-with.

Not sure on this... perhaps he plays on the best leading forward and having been unable to shake him, they hang inside 50 trying to out play him.

Not sure on this... perhaps he plays on the best leading forward and having been unable to shake him, they hang inside 50 trying to out play him.
Perhaps, but he has actually been very good this year in that role

The changes to the third man up rule really nullified his asset as a big bodied mid, so he's adapted pretty well

I feel like this debut was a bit opportunistic because his family are in town. So it may have come a little earlier than previously anticipated.

But I think this is still a real positive. Clarko + Co must be impressed with what they see and anticipate a good future for him, so they want to give him and his family a good memory of his first game. Creates a great tie to the club.

Hope he goes in well and great signs for his future at the club.

I am yet to watch him play a single game, if he stays in the team for next week, I will go just to watch him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That tap - rather than take the mark when he just guided the ball into the hands of the running - Pops maybe, not sure who it was tbh - but the deft hands, that's just not something we teach in our game - so that is something that he will bring from his rugby background intuitively, his tackling the same.

He played a great debut today showcasing the skills that come naturally to him because he has honed them since childhood. In time he will show us what he has learned over the last few years - and he has learned much, this young man is very intelligent.

He has all the tools - he could be anything he wants to be - so after a wonderful debut, I really am looking forward to seeing the rest of Conor Nash's career.

Won’t be long before he cements a spot in the side. He can play anywhere really. Tall, short, outside, etc. Another pre-season and watch out.
I expect both Irish boys to be best 22 next year. Glass has suffered from some poor coaching at Box Hill this year but has oodles of natural talent.

Won’t be long before he cements a spot in the side. He can play anywhere really. Tall, short, outside, etc. Another pre-season and watch out.
I expect both Irish boys to be best 22 next year. Glass has suffered from some poor coaching at Box Hill this year but has oodles of natural talent.

Just how Clarko likes them

did enough today - a lot of athleticism for a big man. Did more than Glass has in his apperances for mine
He had a great debut. I counted 2 goals he created. One from tackle pressure and the other from a hard ball get and hand pass from he ground. Glass was excellent in the games he played. I am glad for them to both be in the team long term

He had a great debut. I counted 2 goals he created. One from tackle pressure and the other from a hard ball get and hand pass from he ground. Glass was excellent in the games he played. I am glad for them to both be in the team long term
I agree. I'm hoping both become regulars next season, Glass on the back flank kicking to Nash on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn - Conor Nash. Extends to 2029!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back