Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

Beat me by milliseconds...

Brandon Scott Jones Agree GIF by CBS

Really the value pick that everybody missed (and in hindsight would have been absolutely perfect for us now) is Josh Treacy at pick 7 in the bloody Rookie draft that year.

And we was still picked before Ginni!

If anybody cares, I represented us in a Phantom draft that season.

I took Tanner Bruhn with our first pick, then traded up to grab Bailey Laurie. (Swapped future firsts with Richmond to facilitate it, which in reality would have worked out to only be a 1 pick difference 12 months later).
Matched a bid for Connor Downie, then took Jack Ginnivan late.

In hindsight we probably would have been okay if this is what happened in real life 🤣.

And we was still picked before Ginni!

If anybody cares, I represented us in a Phantom draft that season.

I took Tanner Bruhn with our first pick, then traded up to grab Bailey Laurie. (Swapped future firsts with Richmond to facilitate it, which in reality would have worked out to only be a 1 pick difference 12 months later).
Matched a bid for Connor Downie, then took Jack Ginnivan late.

In hindsight we probably would have been okay if this is what happened in real life 🤣.
I love Ginni, but I'd trade him for Treacy in a heartbeat.

Downie was the one that ended up being a disappointment, unfortunately.

Agree with all of that.

I'll just never understand how he got through the endurance testing. Surely his time would've stood out as a red flag.

I am told Patrick Cripps stood out like a ball of fat and tested badly as well, so slide to pick 13.

Pies were interested at first and had 2 top 10 picks.

Drafting is clearly not an exact science.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back