Toast Welcome to Hawthorn, Finn Maginness “absolute Hawthorn nuffie” and a Hawk to 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

With the team developing well. I think Finn has a spot. He wasn't getting many games because a hard tag leads to a 17 v 17 game we weren't ready for.
We are ready for that now, and Finn has also started developing the ability to do damage the other way too.

Would hate to lose him

With the team developing well. I think Finn has a spot. He wasn't getting many games because a hard tag leads to a 17 v 17 game we weren't ready for.
We are ready for that now, and Finn has also started developing the ability to do damage the other way too.

Would hate to lose him
Same here and I was only passing on what I was told, I hope he is wrong.

I'd rather he stay, I imagine everyone hopes he does. But I wouldn't begrudge him a chance of regular footy at another side.

Sydney were interested earlier in the season. It would be interesting to see where they will fit him into their side, and what role they will have him playing.

I would be so pissed off if we lost him for very little.

Those who repeatedly go on about his disposal make it sound like they haven’t watch the following play, just off the top of my mind

Taranto
Rowbottom
Dunkley
Soligo
Hewett
Hobbs

Would hate to lose him

Certainly not to a team strong over the next few years

Especially when they don’t regard the player as best 22. Finn is looking around for a reason.
Can't begrudge Finn looking around. He's pretty much in his prime year's as a footballer and he would want to be playing regular senior footy next year. He needs to look after himself first and foremost.

I doubt the club will stop him leaving if he gets a solid multi year offer with the promise of senior footy from another club.

Can't begrudge Finn looking around. He's pretty much in his prime year's as a footballer and he would want to be playing regular senior footy next year. He needs to look after himself first and foremost.

I doubt the club will stop him leaving if he gets a solid multi year offer with the promise of senior footy from another club.
Name me a club which would promise a player senior footy if they weren’t already in the top 15 of their current club?

Finn has developed from a player who got an AFL game based on the willingness to run with an opposition gun to a player who can get his own footy and be involved in offensive chains.

He is more valuable to us than most other clubs who would see him as player 25 - 30 on our list.

Sam has previously said Finn will be more suited to us in future years than in 2023, and I agree - now is sweet spot. At Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Hawthorn, Finn Maginness “absolute Hawthorn nuffie” and a Hawk to 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back