Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : Jai “Duke” Newcombe - 2024 Peter Crimmins medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit that almost every iconic US food I tried did not meet the expectation or build up I had for it. Most New York slices I tried were relatively bland, the sandwich at Katz was good but not outstanding - piled up with meat was the saving grace. In n out was fine but the fries were terrible.

Austin BBQ on the other hand... outstanding, and everywhere.

Must admit that almost every iconic US food I tried did not meet the expectation or build up I had for it. Most New York slices I tried were relatively bland, the sandwich at Katz was good but not outstanding - piled up with meat was the saving grace. In n out was fine but the fries were terrible.

Is this a chain of BBQ restaurants? Or you just mean BBQ in Austin? I've got a week left here and I love my BBQ!

Is this a chain of BBQ restaurants? Or you just mean BBQ in Austin? I've got a week left here and I love my BBQ!
Haha no not a chain! Just all of the places they have. My favourites were:

1. La Barbecue
2. KG BBQ
3. LeRoy and Lewis

Definitely have to have some Metamucil handy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha no not a chain! Just all of the places they have. My favourites were:

1. La Barbecue
2. KG BBQ
3. LeRoy and Lewis
I need to get down south in the future. All in NY this trip and have been underwhelmed by the BBQ. Thought there would be some better options here.

I need to get down south in the future. All in NY this trip and have been underwhelmed by the BBQ. Thought there would be some better options here.
Both overpriced and not great, I never ate it in NY but those who did told me Hometown was the move. Quite a few years ago now.

From what I was told the cooks that made it good had moved to run their own place in NJ. Couple of Aussies.

Katz's not bad, but you can get much better stuff here.... try Hector's Deli, absolutely amazing stuff. Loved by the Hawks players too!!!
Stores in South Melb, Richmond, Fitzroy and the city.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : Jai “Duke” Newcombe - 2024 Peter Crimmins medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back