Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Jasper Scaife - Pick 5, 2024 MSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like a balanced head on that well built bod.

1. Dropped reference to his partner Chloe early which IMO shows he is committed, not a "player"
2. Seems to prefer kicking off just few steps even for set shots, the opposite of Ben Brown. Should open up few options to distribute the ball quickly with the standing the mark rule.

Last edited:

Good call. He must have just been borrowing this jumper from Blancky today.

View attachment 2006217
The number 39 guernsey that the club had made and that had been used was worn by Ned Maginness, Finn’s younger brother, who is significantly smaller than Skaifey. I’d say that is why he is wearing Blanck’s guernsey at present until he gets his kit.

Similar to Chol rocking the #55 in preseason training instead of his #18.

Will replace Mitch Lewis as our key forward…kid will be a star
The more I watch Scaife's clips, the more it looks like he is ready.
Literally a read-made player who does not lack in physical attributes nor skills.

The Q I have is why the club would draft such a player given Dear + Chol in good form, and Lewis as the senior forward.
There is surely not enough room to fit 4 KP forwards in the team.

I can only read this as an option on a potential Lewis trade, or insurance given Lewis' constant injuries.

The more I watch Scaife's clips, the more it looks like he is ready.
Literally a read-made player who does not lack in physical attributes nor skills.

The Q I have is why the club would draft such a player given Dear + Chol in good form, and Lewis as the senior forward.
There is surely not enough room to fit 4 KP forwards in the team.

I can only read this as an option on a potential Lewis trade, or insurance given Lewis' constant injuries.
Chol is 27. There's no guarantees he'll be able to play into his 30's given much of his standout traits are tied to his athleticism.

And Dear is so young and hasn't got the conditioning under his belt yet. He's doing fantastically but will need to be managed through the season.

Lewis is also a factor based on his unavailability this year. I wouldn't assume trade. His lack of availability is reason enough.

So, seriously, how far off senior footy is he? Will he get a run this year?
Watch Sams press conference from yesterday covers a lot on Jasper.

Stated they wanted some one physically really to play in 2024. An the club is hoping Jasper can play in 2024 at some stage, even if the rest of his game isn’t quiet there yet.

Watch Sams press conference from yesterday covers a lot on Jasper.

Stated they wanted some one physically really to play in 2024. A the club is hoping Jasper can play in 2024 at some stage, even if the rest of his game isn’t quiet there yet.
I reckon he could play within 4/5 weeks if he puts in some solid performances.

Aerobic fitness is the only concern regarding physical fitness. The rest is game plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he could play within 4/5 weeks if he puts in some solid performances.

Aerobic fitness is the only concern regarding physical fitness. The rest is game plan.

I am looking forward to watching Boxhills game on Sunday.

Jasper, Wiz and Ward I will be looking for the most. Just need McCabe to join them asap.

I am hoping Jasper is able to run the game out well for 4 qtrs and kick a bag of goals.

He is not who I was hoping we would draft…. But hell he looks in ripping condition and his media releases have been very impressive. I am a fan of our newest Hawk.

Only arrived in a Victoria on Friday, had one session with the club at the Barras Yarma. Will ply this week with a full week of training under his belt.
So... an 8 goal bag without breaking a sweat?

Really, anything less and he's a bust. :tonguewink:

Geordie’s manager is already looking at options
Call me harsh, but I would have thought any player picked up in the MSD, no matter how obvious their selection was, would feel a fairly strong sense of allegiance towards the club that gave them a chance.
The bloke hasn't played a game at any level for them yet, surely he's not in the position to be shopping?

Call me harsh, but I would have thought any player picked up in the MSD, no matter how obvious their selection was, would feel a fairly strong sense of allegiance towards the club that gave them a chance.
The bloke hasn't played a game at any level for them yet, surely he's not in the position to be shopping?
This is pure speculation (and way off the mark is my guess) based on his ‘no obvious elation’ response on draft night. He said he was overwhelmed and emotional at finally having his dream to play afl realised. https://www.afl.com.au/video/114063...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1716979708001

This is pure speculation (and way off the mark is my guess) based on his ‘no obvious elation’ response on draft night. He said he was overwhelmed and emotional at finally having his dream to play afl realised. https://www.afl.com.au/video/114063...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1716979708001

I agree. He was far more diplomatic than Tanner Bruhn on his draft night but the lack of excitement for a young kid getting a shot at AFL after missing out was palpable.

I agree. He was far more diplomatic than Tanner Bruhn on his draft night but the lack of excitement for a young kid getting a shot at AFL after missing out was palpable.
When there’s a strong pattern of more highly rated draftees going there only to stagnate or even regress on their underage form then it’s understandable.

When there’s a strong pattern of more highly rated draftees going there only to stagnate or even regress on their underage form then it’s understandable.
I still can't work out why Sheezel signed on until 2030. I guess his agent wanted a guaranteed commission. Could you imagine his class around the ball in our midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back