Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Jasper Scaife - Pick 5, 2024 MSD

Remove this Banner Ad

This finals series shows there is a spot for the taking for a big, strong key forward to make their own.

I think he will be one of the suprise packets of 2025 and I think the club is keeping it very low key on just how good they think he will be.
I can't find the post right now (it's not in this thread) but I recall reading not that long ago on here that behind the doors the club was very impressed with Scaife and that they were excited for his potential (or something along those lines).

So I think you are right, keep on eye on him in 2025 as I think he's going to surprise a few on here.

Plucking an AFL level key forward out of nowhere can really accelerate a rebuild.

Treacy and Dear this year (Freo looked a complete shambles without him to straighten them up).

Hopefully Jasper can come on next year. We are screaming out for a genuine power forward.

Plucking an AFL level key forward out of nowhere can really accelerate a rebuild.

Treacy and Dear this year (Freo looked a complete shambles without him to straighten them up).

Hopefully Jasper can come on next year. We are screaming out for a genuine power forward.
He needs a big pre season. There is plenty to work on over the pre season including his fitness.

The key to Jasper is his mind.

He has suffered with confidence issues, and self-belief throughout his teen years.

I understand Jasper made it his primary focus over the last 2-3 years and he has emerged a much more rounded person.

He has worked incredibly hard I am told.

Sam must keep his self-belief up, and I'm sure he will, as Jasper is one of those rare power forwards that has explosive early pace, good hands, and a genuine 65m drop punt in his arsenal.

He just needs to be supported and kept in a good place mentally, and we will see a genuine key forward emerge next year.

He really has the potential be very very good.

The key to Jasper is his mind.

He has suffered with confidence issues, and self-belief throughout his teen years.

I understand Jasper made it his primary focus over the last 2-3 years and he has emerged a much more rounded person.

He has worked incredibly hard I am told.

Sam must keep his self-belief up, and I'm sure he will, as Jasper is one of those rare power forwards that has explosive early pace, good hands, and a genuine 65m drop punt in his arsenal.

He just needs to be supported and kept in a good place mentally, and we will see a genuine key forward emerge next year.

He really has the potential be very very good.
This being the case, I doubt there'd be a better place to be in the AFL than Waverley/Dingly.

Not quite 20 so plenty of time to develop him.
It would be fabulous if he came on enough to play seniors next year.

We need him or Mitch to play that KPF role for us.

Like Callow, a key focus should be on agility when the ball hits the ground.

Callow couldn't make the adjustment. Scaife is not the same level of 'straight-line' as Callow was, but to my mind it's the same issue that prevented him being taken in the draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Lewis?
He kicked two goals in a game against Geelong where we kicked 9. Will be huge for us if he stays fit next year. No bloody comparison to a kid who hasn't played AFL footy and still learning his craft. Anyone that believes Lewis won't come straight back in when he is fit is kidding themselves

Like Callow, a key focus should be on agility when the ball hits the ground.

Callow couldn't make the adjustment. Scaife is not the same level of 'straight-line' as Callow was, but to my mind it's the same issue that prevented him being taken in the draft
Thanks Eldorado, two youngsters I have enjoyed watching. Had hoped Callow would make it, seemed to have some attributes but not enough to convince the club long term.

I see the Scaife similarities. TheFourPillars said no pack marks but I see hints of Jon Brown with the flight of the ball chest marks with little fear. I hope Scaife makes it, looks overall more promising. It does really seem he is trying his best and we can have all the hopes we want but good on him, deserves his chance. That the summer will be a focus is great if he can improve on one or two for the next two preseasons we could have a CHF type.

He kicked two goals in a game against Geelong where we kicked 9. Will be huge for us if he stays fit next year. No bloody comparison to a kid who hasn't played AFL footy and still learning his craft. Anyone that believes Lewis won't come straight back in when he is fit is kidding themselves

Lewis in also makes Dear and Chol's life easier.

Teams would sit two defenders on Lewis. Now they have to respect our three talls.

Also means Chol can actually play in the ruck more giving Meek a much needed chop out and not having to rely on Nash taking the ruck during stoppages while Meek is off.

Also means Chol can actually play in the ruck more giving Meek a much needed chop out and not having to rely on Nash taking the ruck during stoppages while Meek is off.

I like this but does Chol have the engine to play extended stints on-ball? If he has the capacity he needs to work on his fitness all preseason because he could be a real weapon.

Ramma is the other one I've got pegged for this role - he already has the engine, he just needs to improve everything else including his forward craft.

Thanks Eldorado, two youngsters I have enjoyed watching. Had hoped Callow would make it, seemed to have some attributes but not enough to convince the club long term.

I see the Scaife similarities. TheFourPillars said no pack marks but I see hints of Jon Brown with the flight of the ball chest marks with little fear. I hope Scaife makes it, looks overall more promising. It does really seem he is trying his best and we can have all the hopes we want but good on him, deserves his chance. That the summer will be a focus is great if he can improve on one or two for the next two preseasons we could have a CHF type.
In my opinion Jasper is a very different player than Callow. Scaife is infinitely better when the ball is on the ground than Callow. He has greater awareness of field position and sense of where the goal is. The only similarities are they both big bodied lads who play forward. Scaife is a prodigious kick and very much in the the Jono Brown mode. I hope he is given the time to develop and find his positions on the forward line. He is one that I would persevere with.

I've seen him 3-4 times so no doubt there are people who have seen him far more than me .

I would be tempering expectations a bit. He has some very good attributes.
I would say his agility and lateral movement are pretty average , not horrible but average .
At AFL level your going to find it pretty tough unless you have explosive pace if your on tracks .

Maybe its a reaction to Friday night and a feel a big key forward gets a win .
We simple didn't get enough quality ball in .

I've seen him 3-4 times so no doubt there are people who have seen him far more than me .

I would be tempering expectations a bit. He has some very good attributes.
I would say his agility and lateral movement are pretty average , not horrible but average .
At AFL level your going to find it pretty tough unless you have explosive pace if your on tracks .

Maybe its a reaction to Friday night and a feel a big key forward gets a win .
We simple didn't get enough quality ball in .
My main query from the few games I saw of him is that he doesn’t appear to attract the ball in the manner a key fwd should.

All you folks talking about 'tempering expectations', and he doesn't do this and he doesn't do that, understand that he's a teenager and big blokes take longer to develop, yeah?

It seems people need to be educated on this multiple times with each and every big bloke that comes along that doesn't turn into Buddy Franklin or Simon Madden in five minutes....

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Jasper Scaife - Pick 5, 2024 MSD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back