News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1053582

Call me a cynic but someone's looking to increase their profile on prime time news.

So women can only wear what you deem to be modest attire to be taken seriously? Also check the careers of women who call out men - they usually don’t become superstars out of it.

So women can only wear what you deem to be modest attire to be taken seriously? Also check the careers of women who call out men - they usually don’t become superstars out of it.

This isn't in support of Jon Patton, because he has obviously done the wrong thing here, but this woman does in fact create and sell adult content on the internet (which she promotes on her socials). Not sure it's outrageous to assume she's expecting a little bit of benefit to her profile out of this.

This isn't in support of Jon Patton, because he has obviously done the wrong thing here, but this woman does in fact create and sell adult content on the internet (which she promotes on her socials). Not sure it's outrageous to assume she's expecting a little bit of benefit to her profile out of this.

Yes, it is. Being a sex worker/adult entertainer does not mean her accusations are less serious or that she is seeking notoriety for calling out sexual harassment. Nor does wearing a fairly innocuous top and putting on some makeup and blow-drying her hair for a zoom interview mean she is making these accusations for the attention.

This is a bit exciting! Been doing some reading about him this morning, and he sounds like a good prospect.

• Tall? tick.
  • Marking ability? tick.
  • Aggressive at footy? tick.
  • Tasmanian? tick. ;)
  • I read in one game review he delivered excellent field kick to teammate! tick.
  • Scope for improvement? tick.

All good qualities.

I hope he trains the house down and develops a lot in 2021.

Yes, it is. Being a sex worker/adult entertainer does not mean her accusations are less serious or that she is seeking notoriety for calling out sexual harassment. Nor does wearing a fairly innocuous top and putting on some makeup and blow-drying her hair for a zoom interview mean she is making these accusations for the attention.
I agree completely, being a sex worker does not mean her accusations are less serious. The way she dresses is also irrelevant and I am uncomfortable that my posts might appear that I am saying that they deserve it because of their job.

But I do have a question.

If a man on Grindr has a pic of his dick out and someone swipes right and sends a pic of their dick, are they sort of scumbag Patton appears to be? (You are not supposed to put nude pics on your Grindr account, but apparently, some get through.)

Some members put revealing pictures on their OnlyFans accounts, If Patton was using OF as a dating site - does this mitigate his behavior? I am asking a question - (I think it does, a little,) but I was just wondering if this was a commonly held view or whether I am being sexist and out of touch. From the stuff that has been publicly written, Patton had continued conversations with two of the victims (He was a right prick to the first victim who came forward and was publicly shamed for it). He apparently was upfront about the sex talk straight away (according to the victim), yet the conversations continued, so I wonder whether he was dumb enough to think that sending a dick pic was ok.

I am not suggesting that this exonerates Patton at all, I am asking if there is some mitigation, that is, is it possible he is just an entitled dickhead and not a serial sex offender?

I agree completely, being a sex worker does not mean her accusations are less serious. The way she dresses is also irrelevant and I am uncomfortable that my posts might appear that I am saying that they deserve it because of their job.

If a man on Grindr has a pic of his dick out and someone swipes right and sends a pic of their dick, are they sort of scumbag Patton appears to be? (You are not supposed to put nude pics on your Grindr account, but apparently, some get through.)

Some members put revealing pictures on their OnlyFans accounts, If Patton was using OF as a dating site - does this mitigate his behavior? I am asking a question - (I think it does, a little,) but I was just wondering if this was a commonly held view or whether I am being sexist and out of touch. From the stuff that has been publicly written, Patton had continued conversations with two of the victims (He was a right prick to the first victim who came forward and was publicly shamed for it). He apparently was upfront about the sex talk straight away (according to the victim), yet the conversations continued, so I wonder whether he was dumb enough to think that sending a dick pic was ok.

I am not suggesting that this exonerates Patton at all, I am asking if there is some mitigation, that is, is it possible he is just an entitled dickhead and not a serial sex offender?

From what I have seen of Grindr from a few mates who use it - it's less of a 'swipe left/right' Tinder style app and more of a geolocation take your pick of whoever is nearby type of app. According to my mate some guys will introduce themselves in a message using naked pics - which some guys like and some guys don't. Grindr is actually somewhat proactive on stopping bullying and abuse on their platform and a recent innovation was to allow users to specify whether it is okay to send graphic pictures on their profile. Depends on what you're using the app for, my mate is looking for a relationship and claims to be in the minority. My view is that if you are introducing yourself to someone with a picture of your dick then that's a bit pathological - but the gay community can be a lot different than what I am familiar with so I couldn't give you a definitive on that one.

Onlyfans isn't a dating website and isn't designed to be used as one. It's for people to sell images/videos of themselves for money. It is purely transactional. In terms of the transaction it's a one way street where you are subscribing to someone's stuff. If you are sending images of your dick non-consensually on that service I would view it the same as doing that on a dating app, a hook-up app or a vanilla social media app. I don't think a woman choosing to be on the Onlyfans platform means a guy has any more rights to send a dick pic than if it were Facebook. Much like if I took my dick out at a strip club I would be thrown out much as I would be at a pub. The environment you're in shouldn't lessen your obligation to gain consent for sexual behaviour.

So in summation - no, I don't believe the platform exonerates Patton at all. Particularly when he was using Instagram and Facetime to conduct his activities also from what I know of his dealings.

Couldn't agree more. People are too willing to justify/make excuses in situations in which people in this industry get harassed.

OnlyFans is not a dating site, if he's treating it as such that's more evidence that he has issues around women/sex work/sex workers.
Grindr: Accounts get banned all the time for that exact thing, in fact dating apps explicitly tell you that's a ban-able offense. If someone sends unsolicited dickpicks they shouldn't be on those apps.

There is no mitigation at all.

Couldn't agree more. People are too willing to justify/make excuses in situations in which people in this industry get harassed.

OnlyFans is not a dating site, if he's treating it as such that's more evidence that he has issues around women/sex work/sex workers.
Grindr: Accounts get banned all the time for that exact thing, in fact dating apps explicitly tell you that's a ban-able offense. If someone sends unsolicited dickpicks they shouldn't be on those apps.

There is no mitigation at all.

I'm not trying to mitigate or justify what he did, personally I think it's incredibly stupid for someone in his position as much as it is gross.

My point is more that she may not be 100% virtuous in her handling of the accusations. Ages old marketing wisdom is that 'all publicity is good publicity' and internet content creator culture is a fantastic example of that.

OK, so my impression that Patton could have been scouring OnlyFans for potential "conquests" then after getting their number, (thinking he is god's gift), face-timing them, or Instagramming them thinking they were interested in him is not how this could have played out. Fair enough.

Yes, I agree it does look like he has issues with women, even if I give him the benefit of the doubt, he still seems to have issues that should be dealt with, I hope the club guides him through this process after he is delisted.

Re OnlyFans not being a dating site, Yeah, I get that. My question was more about what Patton thought it could be used for. For instance, back in the day, Aust Playboy models used to work at a club in Kings Cross, selling overpriced drinks through a drink gun. The girls were friendly (not in a nasty way), they were selling drinks on commission so were just being nice, it wasn't unusual for some men to wrongly believe that they were flirting. I was thinking that Patton might have thought that the OnlyFans members were flirting with him. Times have changed, men probably still aren't that stupid, - but recently I've seen plenty of evidence to suggest we still are.

OK, so my impression that Patton could have been scouring OnlyFans for potential "conquests" then after getting their number, (thinking he is god's gift), face-timing them, or Instagramming them thinking they were interested in him is not how this could have played out. Fair enough.

Yes, I agree it does look like he has issues with women, even if I give him the benefit of the doubt, he still seems to have issues that should be dealt with, I hope the club guides him through this process after he is delisted.

Re OnlyFans not being a dating site, Yeah, I get that. My question was more about what Patton thought it could be used for. For instance, back in the day, Aust Playboy models used to work at a club in Kings Cross, selling overpriced drinks through a drink gun. The girls were friendly (not in a nasty way), they were selling drinks on commission so were just being nice, it wasn't unusual for some men to wrongly believe that they were flirting. I was thinking that Patton might have thought that the OnlyFans members were flirting with him. Times have changed, men probably still aren't that stupid, - but recently I've seen plenty of evidence to suggest we still are.

Being that he was fairly prevalent on Instagram from what I understand I would suggest he found the girl on Instagram on which she openly advertised her Onlyfans. I am fairly certain she tells him if he wants pics of her that he would need to subscribe to her Onlyfans - so possibly at that stage or at any stage he wasn't even on Onlyfans at all.

People shouldn't send unsolicited dick pics.

Doesn't matter what app.

Grindr is more accepting of it - but also has the "no NSFW pics accepted" mode.

But it's not that hard to say "wanna swap pics? You ok with dick pics?" etc. Such basic human interaction - people shouldn't need to be schooled on this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who leaked the texts and screenshots to media? Or how did the go viral?

The first I saw was a woman reasonably responding to Patton being an outright creep, she told him to stop and he responded with some misogynistic insults. She posted the exchange on an Instagram group chat. Then two other women responded, saying he did the same to them, corroborating that he was a serial dick flasher.

If the original complainant wanted to make some money or gain notoriety out of this experience she did it in a strange way, she didn't go really public at all. Her behaviour was brave, and completely in line with what you would expect from a victim of unsolicited offensive pictures.

You're a cynic
Nah you have your head in the sand if you think like this are not a motivator for men and women out there to increase their celebrity' status or attempt to create a profile. It muddies the waters the unbridled attempts at celebrity. Toxic.

............and no I am not justifying the sending of dic picks.

Nah you have your head in the sand if you think like this are not a motivator for men and women out there to increase their celebrity' status or attempt to create a profile. It muddies the waters the unbridled attempts at celebrity. Toxic.

............and no I am not justifying the sending of dic picks.

Of course people do. But I don't think it was in this case. Hence the cynic call.

People shouldn't send unsolicited dick pics.

Doesn't matter what app.

Grindr is more accepting of it - but also has the "no NSFW pics accepted" mode.

But it's not that hard to say "wanna swap pics? You ok with dick pics?" etc. Such basic human interaction - people shouldn't need to be schooled on this.
See I reckon we need to see this in schools- people are stupid and carry some insane misconceptions because our current school systems don't do enough to teach proper consent/issues around consent.

See I reckon we need to see this in schools- people are stupid and carry some insane misconceptions because our current school systems don't do enough to teach proper consent/issues around consent.

I did a sexual harassment training session 5 years or so ago - had all the usual corporate blokey types talking shit about it beforehand. Turns out the guy conducting the session was about 165cm tall and wide, was wearing RM Williams boots and could out-bloke any guy there. He’s a former sex crimes detective and was bloody awesome to listen to. Turns out one of his primary gigs now is to go to uni colleges and teach the first year students about consent.

I did a sexual harassment training session 5 years or so ago - had all the usual corporate blokey types talking sh*t about it beforehand. Turns out the guy conducting the session was about 165cm tall and wide, was wearing RM Williams boots and could out-bloke any guy there. He’s a former sex crimes detective and was bloody awesome to listen to. Turns out one of his primary gigs now is to go to uni colleges and teach the first year students about consent.
Have been involved with a few different courses/programs looking at consent as an issue and I have to say a few of the best I've seen have been blokey dudes who know how to engage with those who need the most engagement.
I think it needs to be taught earlier in schools and needs to be a more open discussion well before tertiary education/post secondary schooling.

The story goes that the female is desperate to become a “wag” and was very happy to engage in a consensual relationship. Patton didn’t want a long term thing so when he broke it off she didn’t take it well. She then got several of her friends to place a trap which Patton was stupid enough to fall for. It is not a coincidence that Patton randomly did this to several woman who just happened to be friends. I still think Patton needs to be sacked for his behaviour but it definitely was not him just harassing randoms.
Pure fabrication there is alot more to the story it involves many more woman over a period of 5 plus years.

There's only so many hours in a school day and ultimately the business of teaching kids how to be proper and appropriate human beings should fall to the parents, because they have far more time with their children than the schools do.

There's only so many hours in a school day and ultimately the business of teaching kids how to be proper and appropriate human beings should fall to the parents, because they have far more time with their children than the schools do.

Yes but parents fail in this task repeatedly - so unfortunately the burden falls to teachers. I had many hours of high school dedicated to telling me that drinking was evil, that drugs were evil and despite going to a public school had quite a few hours of scripture taught to me. I think a few of these hours could have been better spent informing kids of their rights and responsibilities regarding consent.

i mean why not just put it all on the parents, why even have schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back