Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok given the above I am going to be controversial here so say what you want about him as a person or that he was born into wealth but there are very few people as smart as Elon on the planet.

The battery technology that he created at the same time that he was working on a rocket propulsion system is insane. The fact that he didn't patent the battery technology is the reason for so many electric cars on the market. The man is a genius / eccentric and once again very few people have his work ethic or love for what he is doing. Fair to say there is no work / life balance.

Elon would have made his wealth either way he was always going to and if need be, could have patented his technologies to make even more.

Ok given the above I am going to be controversial here so say what you want about him as a person or that he was born into wealth but there are very few people as smart as Elon on the planet.

The battery technology that he created at the same time that he was working on a rocket propulsion system is insane. The fact that he didn't patent the battery technology is the reason for so many electric cars on the market. The man is a genius / eccentric and once again very few people have his work ethic or love for what he is doing. Fair to say there is no work / life balance.

Elon would have made his wealth either way he was always going to and if need be, could have patented his technologies to make even more.
Yes, up ending 3 established industries with technological innovation is unheard of. No one has done what he has done and to deny his vision and technical achievements is just foolish. Technical genius and probably the worlds greatest tosser. He seems to be losing his way in recent times and I wonder if it's a case of too much bathwater, too many drugs or a mental health issue manifesting. I know he is said to be 'on the spectrum' but after reading his biography I've always suspected he's bipolar.

It gets lost in the mythology of Musk but he's an investor not an inventor.

I won't discredit his vision. He's ambitious and he has found ways to disrupt established markets and industries. Kudos to him.

But his skills aren't in design nor engineering. He's a businessman.

He has 5 patents that have been completely inconsequential to his name.

Like Wozniak, it was Eberhard and Tarpenning who were the actual design/engineering brains behind Tesla. Musk basically financially bullied them into retroactively making him a 'co-founder' of Tesla.

The battery technology he created? The rocket propulsion he created?

There’s a shit tonne of engineers choking on their weaties right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back