Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH, Freo's midfield is the most over-rated in the AFL, by a mile.
Cheap out the back possessions to both Brayshaw and Serong pad their stats every week.
The only really damaging player they have in there is Young
Serong gets clearances but you are right, Young is an absolute JET. He would look good in the Brown and Gold

AA team is such an over inflated award imo, do we actually care?

Its all about BnF's and premiership medals imo

BnF's in premiership years the highest tier
Like it or not they impact player's legacies. It's why I was so livid after Sicily's snub in 2022

Pretty funny by Gulden.

I have no issue with Daicos in this case. He didn't name himself on the wing, the selectors did. And Daicos certainly deserves to be in the AA team. If not as a starting on-baller then it should have been on the bench.

So if there's someone in the named team that should have been dropped it's one of the interchange.

AA team is such an over inflated award imo, do we actually care?

Its all about BnF's and premiership medals imo

BnF's in premiership years the highest tier
Tend to agree but I'm sure there are plenty of contractual bonuses/triggers for AA noms & selection which can
have a big impact on a player's worth/security

Meek and Mass had great connection today.

Meek absolutely was dominating and he'd find Mass on the outside each time. Cleared congestion and we ran them off their feet.

32 disposals - 9 marks - 7 SI

Yeah but imagine if you could have another inside mid instead of him 🤪
What an amazing year he's had.

I'll be honest I didn't have a clue who he was when we drafted him, I thought he'd be a project player not an AA squad member.

All credit to Massimo, he seems to reach a new level every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our Italian Stallion.

Fair to say he's washed off the funky smell of being in the proximity of the drug pigs' remnants of a footy club. Once he'd played more games for us than them we had every right to claim him as ours. Now that he's been instrumental in us winning a final, we're allowed to forget his first 16 games entirely.

Also, he's never played against us.

Embarrassed the AA selectors with another ripper performance.

32 touches, 13 contested, 9 marks, 519m gained, equal team high 5 clearances, 7 score involvements.

Those are amazing stats for any game let alone a final. Especially from a wing. He just rarely wastes a possession. Best value (considering what we gave up) trade I can remember us ever bringing in to the club.

32 touches, 13 contested, 9 marks, 519m gained, equal team high 5 clearances, 7 score involvements.
Felt this was a great example of why the wing positions should go to wing players in the AA side too. Dogs have a stacked midfield but they all kinda want to be on the inside, we had much better balance and therefore won.

Thank you Essendon😎
afl yes GIF by Essendon FC

But Call me Cake told me he was soft and needs to work on the defensive side of his game. Forget what he's shown us throughout this entire season, it's only what happened in 2022 and 2023 that counts.

Edit: if we are going to call him a cake, then it would have to be one of those really dense pound cakes.

Last edited:
That's the best thing about Mass.

For the next ten years whatever pleasure us supporters get from watching him rip it up on the wing for the next 10 years for the Hawks will be multiplied by a factor of 3 in the knowledge that the Essendon flogs will still be kicking themselves for letting him go for nothing.

I think we should get more Essendon discards for this reason, it really is a most delightful feeling 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back