Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

so it is true.. I thought you were all being silly!!!!

There is only one Hodge though. Let's hope the kid makes a new name for himself

And...

Favourites

Movie: The Waterboy

Food: Lasagne

TV Show: Have You Been Paying Attention

Footy commentator: Brian Taylor

AFL player: Josh Kennedy

AFL team: Richmond

Times have changed since I was a kid. Don't recall anyone whose favourite player was one from another club...

Sam Mitchell is my favourite player :(

And you will bring up this year's qualifying final ;)
The result could have been different if you had Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell 'Hodge' Lewis playing.

He spoke to about 8 other clubs during the year so there was a bit interest. For someone who has always been a ruckman I am super impressed by his 33 possession 4 goal game this year. Wrighty also said his contested marking is really good as well. We might have something here.

Yeah that game has certainly been the catalyst to be drafted, without that he would probably be headed to VFL or suburban footy. It's exciting that he's been a ruckman his whole life and showed that he can get the footy and play forward, he has a brilliant make up as a key forward.

One from the clouds maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, we still have a Mitchell and a Lewis on our list. (in two separate players)
Exactly! I don't know why ppl were losing it during the trade period. Mitchell and Lewis are still on the list. Now if Hawthorn really wants to complete their trolling, they'll gives these guys numbers 5 and 3. :p

Hahaha this is another clasic piece of recruiting and drafting by Clarko and Wright!

Apart from the strange situation of drafting a kid by the name of Mitchell Lewis at pick 76!
And wearing the number 53 while playing for the Calder Cannons..

Sam Mitchell wore no.28, then no.5, Jordan wore no.40, then 3. For those keeping tally the jumper numbers add up to, You guessed it...76

What a strange coincidence!
;):huh::eek::D

I cant believe everyone in the footy world has fallen for this so called 'ironic' pick.

Its quite clear to me that we rated this kid very very highly prior to the trade period and as such the powers to be got together and realised there would be massive name issues moving forward if we maintained both Lewis and Mitchell along with this kid.

The tough decision of not drafting this kid would have crossed the minds of those in charge but ultimately they made the easier and better decision by trading Mitchell and Lewis for peanuts.

I cant believe everyone in the footy world has fallen for this so called 'ironic' pick.

Its quite clear to me that we rated this kid very very highly prior to the trade period and as such the powers to be got together and realised there would be massive name issues moving forward if we maintained both Lewis and Mitchell along with this kid.

The tough decision of not drafting this kid would have crossed the minds of those in charge but ultimately they made the easier and better decision by trading Mitchell and Lewis for peanuts.
Training would have been horrible with Tom Mitchell as well.

Exactly, we wanted Tom Mitchell and Mitchell Lewis, so we got rid of the old Mitchell & Lewis.

Pretty simple list strategy, really.

He was the second last pick yesterday. Someone who is rated "very, very highly" prior to the trade period doesn't end up being the second last pick, especially when he was playing for a team heavily scouted by all clubs in Calder.

He would have been rated as the best available at that pick in the position the list managers felt needed to be filled over the others.

Exactly! I don't know why ppl were losing it during the trade period. Mitchell and Lewis are still on the list. Now if Hawthorn really wants to complete their trolling, they'll gives these guys numbers 5 and 3. :p

Let him keep No. 53.
It's a proven winner.

Herbie.jpg

He was the second last pick yesterday. Someone who is rated "very, very highly" prior to the trade period doesn't end up being the second last pick, especially when he was playing for a team heavily scouted by all clubs in Calder.

He would have been rated as the best available at that pick in the position the list managers felt needed to be filled over the others.

I was taking the pi55 buy you are correct.

RIOLIWITPUNCHS was joking, mate!

We're just having some fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back