Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

His intensity and hardness at the tackle reminds me of a certain player who used to run around for us with a No. 33 on his back.

Seriously, same vibes. The hard tackling, his quick darting movement and then the ability to just do some seriously quick-reaction work. Not saying he's the same, but boy does he give me the same excitement as Junior.

Like this last night just sent me back to 2014 and Cyrils steal on Tippett

He's going to be a really special player - can just feel it.

Could we start making a smaller size guernsey for the wizard so he doesn’t have to tuck it in the whole game 😂? Would probably increase his accuracy around goals too

Did he do any agility testing in his 18 year ? Haven't really seen him use any yet. He's obviously very powerful but it's all been pretty straight line stuff. If he has tried to step someone he has slipped.

His intensity and hardness at the tackle reminds me of a certain player who used to run around for us with a No. 33 on his back.
This. The little man is ripping bigger blokes to the ground. Great to see.

Seriously, same vibes. The hard tackling, his quick darting movement and then the ability to just do some seriously quick-reaction work. Not saying he's the same, but boy does he give me the same excitement as Junior.

Like this last night just sent me back to 2014 and Cyrils steal on Tippett

He's going to be a really special player - can just feel it.

His ability to intercept a handball is insane. He may kick 1.4 in games but this and his other moments are the kind of things that can lead to 2-3 more goals a game in assists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The snap across the body technique promotes an attitude of indifference to goalkicking.

Snap shots are intended for difficult angles only.

Using them for anything else removes the responsibility on the player to kick straight, bc snap shots imply that the shit is difficultt.

………..

Any more than 15-20m out and 1-2m from the boundary line and you’re kicking a drop punt son.

Very happy to see the club help Watson immediately and his immediate improvement.

He is an immense talent.

Reminds me of Hayden Ballantyne. Has a great career ahead of him and takes good players minds off of the ball.

Consider this about the Wizard’s amazing work rate.

He’s standing next to Newc when he gets the ball - and Newc handballs to Amon who kicks forward.

Amon kicks to the boundary and the Wiz takes the diving mark on the line (to then slot his magic goal).
How in hell’s name did the Wiz cover that ground so quickly!!!
He is really going to be an extraordinary footballer.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back