Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

This height stuff is ridiculous. He’s 7cm shorter than Dylan Moore.

Charlie Curnow is 8cm shorter than Max King and I would say Charlie is a much more potent player in that position.

Charlie Curnow is 8cm shorter than Max King and I would say Charlie is a much more potent player in that position.
Can we please hold fire on this topic and just enjoy the possibility of what he might be without putting a ceiling on him? Plenty of time for that later.

I can recommend this thread for a full discussion of height in the afl.

Edit: not trying to single you out. Just a general comment for everyone.

Can we please hold fire on this topic and just enjoy the possibility of what he might be without putting a ceiling on him? Plenty of time for that later.

I can recommend this thread for a full discussion of height in the afl.

Edit: not trying to single you out. Just a general comment for everyone.
I was actually doing the opposite and saying his height doesn’t matter, but agree with you anyway.

As someone who has been the Wiz's height my entire adulthood I don't think it's ridiculous to be a talking point, especially when you consider no other player his height or shorter has ever gone so high in the draft. I am glad he has a stack of attributes that negates his height, and I don't think his career will be inhibited as a result of it - but it is always going to be a discussion point with any player at that height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone who has been the Wiz's height my entire adulthood I don't think it's ridiculous to be a talking point, especially when you consider no other player his height or shorter has ever gone so high in the draft. I am glad he has a stack of attributes that negates his height, and I don't think his career will be inhibited as a result of it - but it is always going to be a discussion point with any player at that height.
He is 1cm shorter than Kosi Pickett (do 1cm with your fingers)…

No one ever seems to talk about his height, or is there something I’m missing?

I was the Wiz's height once. It really didn't affect me at all.

He is 1cm shorter than Kosi Pickett (do 1cm with your fingers)…

No one ever seems to talk about his height, or is there something I’m missing?

Kosi Pickett didn't spend the entire year being touted as, and end up going as, a top 5 draft pick.

He went 12…

Seems like this is a you issue. Not a Wiz issue.

Yes, I am the first person to make an issue of his height. Not sure why you are getting exacerbated by this. There has never been a small forward like Watson picked this highly in the national draft. It was always going to be a talking point - not sure why it is riling you up. I think it's fantastic that the Wiz has done it, it's a great story for other kids out there who are being told they are too small to make it. Thank you for empathising with the slightly below average heighted blokes of the world though!

You can come help me get things off tall shelves then.
Sure. Don't put stuff on tall shelves.

There was this guy who lived on the 20th floor of a high rise. He got off the elevator at the 10th floor and climbed the stairs to the 20th. When he opened the door he found someone had cut the legs off all his furniture. Then he jumped out of the window. Why?

He was a dwarf. He got off on the 10th floor because he couldn't reach the 20th floor button and thought he had grown when he saw his furniture. He thought he had lost his livelihood as a circus dwarf and committed suicide.

Sorry, Ned. Short person joke. No offense meant.

Last edited:

There was this guy who lived on the 20th floor of a high rise. He got off the elevator at the 10th floor and climbed the stairs to the 20th. When he opened the door he found someone had cut the legs off all his furniture. Then he jumped out of the window. Why?

He was a dwarf. He got off on the 10th floor because he could reach the 20th floor button and thought he had grown when he saw his furniture. He thought he had lost his livelihood as a circus dwarf and committed suicide.

Sorry, Ned. Short person joke. No offense meant.

Unlike some others in my height band I don't have small dog syndrome so all good with me. Reminds me of this John Mulaney bit.

He was a dwarf. He got off on the 10th floor because he couldn't reach the 20th floor button and thought he had grown when he saw his furniture. He thought he had lost his livelihood as a circus dwarf and committed suicide.
I've seen that one somewhere...on one of those "Lateral Thinking" tasks that consultants with pony-tails like running with you on PD days, to get you to 'think outside the box'

Of course, he thought he had grown! Of course, now he couldn't be a circus dwarf any more! Of course! Wow, I'm so stuck-in-a-box not being able to work that one out!

****ing consultant campaigners

Last edited:
I've seen that one somewhere...on one of those "Lateral Thinking" tasks that consultants with pony-tails like running with you on PD days, to get you to 'think outside the box'

Of course, he thought he had grown! Of course, now you couldn't be a circus dwarf any more! Of course! Wow, I'm so stuck-in-a-box not being able to work that one out!

******* consultant campaigners
Used to use it as a party game in the old days. You would be surprised how involved the chicks would get trying to work it out. Worked well. You have to remember this was in the days before prolific party drugs and naked selfies, so we needed a few extra tricks to get them involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back