Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Every picture I’ve seen of him, the kid looks 30 going on 40 😂

He will slot straight in next year, pace is just far to good

Every picture I’ve seen of him, the kid looks 30 going on 40 😂

He will slot straight in next year, pace is just far to good
It’s not just pace that makes small forwards dangerous
It is their lateral movement which he has an abundance of at top speed and obviously his footy smarts are through the roof

I'd be expecting him to at least play a bit part in there. We used to rotate Cyril, Breust and at stages Puopolo through the middle. Gives us a different look.

It is their lateral movement which he has an abundance of at top speed and obviously his footy smarts are through the roof
He needs to get watching Poppy highlights and be told that is what Bigfooty experts demand from round 1.

I thought exactly the same thing, that Watson might not be able to play in any other position and perhaps Curtin might have been a more adaptable option. But then I guess with McCabe coming in we did pick up a KPD potentially which offsets not taking Curtin, and anyway, I usually trust the club to know best and just go with that. But yes, I do wonder if Watson has a Plan B in his armoury, not just if he’s having a bad day but if we are playing badly and the ball isn’t getting to him. Can he take a run in the midfield? Time will tell I guess.
Did you watch him at all this year. He had bursts through the midfield regularly. Far from a 1 trick pony. Bloke is elite both sides of his body which he already has over similar types of players in the AFL currently. The club views him as talented as Cyril was. Huge endorsement but watch the guy play and you will see what the fuss is about.

Did you watch him at all this year. He had bursts through the midfield regularly. Far from a 1 trick pony. Bloke is elite both sides of his body which he already has over similar types of players in the AFL currently. The club views him as talented as Cyril was. Huge endorsement but watch the guy play and you will see what the fuss is about.
Could definitely see him having cameos in the centre square, especially with Nashy in there as a bodyguard.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

He kicks goals like punky and he is only 18 just imagine what he will be doing when he has some AFL experience. Left or right foot left pocket right pocket it doesn't matter he is an excitement machine. Get ready for the show.

Explosive power, lateral agility and speed of decision making just doesn’t roll off the tongue. (Low centre of gravity even for a short bloke to)

The more I watch him he remind me of a young Chris Judd combined with bruest - can’t wait to watch him

We've had a lot of quality smalls over the last few years, but each one evoked different emotions from me.

Punky - "Genius. How on earth did he predict the drop of that ball to collect the snap"?
Poppy - "No-one will chase harder to keep the ball in our fifty"
Williams - "Clinical. If he marks, he's scoring"

Cyril was obviously the best of them all. Could do anything when he had the ball, genuinely instilled fear in any opposition when he was within 10m.

No small has excited me as much as Cyril

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've had a lot of quality smalls over the last few years, but each one evoked different emotions from me.

Punky - "Genius. How on earth did he predict the drop of that ball to collect the snap"?
Poppy - "No-one will chase harder to keep the ball in our fifty"
Williams - "Clinical. If he marks, he's scoring"

Cyril was obviously the best of them all. Could do anything when he had the ball, genuinely instilled fear in any opposition when he was within 10m.

No small has excited me as much as Cyril
Cyril aside (As there will never be another Cyril) this kid will get the crowd going

Just noticed the Wiz has the longest highlight reel of all the player profiles ;)
Ha, I love the Wiz but that was more laziness than anything. There was plenty of footage left on the cutting room floor for each of them. I was trying to get it down to 10 mins and not being very successful.

The only one I felt like I was stretching to meet the 10 mins running time was Sanders, and that's more about his game being more fundamentally sound and less spectacular than the others.

Ha, I love the Wiz but that was more laziness than anything. There was plenty of footage left on the cutting room floor for each of them. I was trying to get it down to 10 mins and not being very successful.

The only one I felt like I was stretching to meet the 10 mins running time was Sanders, and that's more about his game being more fundamentally sound and less spectacular than the others.

We are all eagerly awaiting the Wizard Watson's Directors Cut extended edition :tearsofjoy:

High risk high reward here.
Given he's always been the shorty of his cohort it gives him a good springboard, rather than being a man against boys and being exposed.
70 odd goals shows he's capable of finding the sticks.
If he's a tackling machine we have a really dangerous forward line of Lewis, chol, ginni, and him, with 2 resting mids

Great mix with two of the smartest footballers I have witnessed Gunners and Bruesty!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

High risk high reward here.
Given he's always been the shorty of his cohort it gives him a good springboard, rather than being a man against boys and being exposed.
70 odd goals shows he's capable of finding the sticks.
If he's a tackling machine we have a really dangerous forward line of Lewis, chol, ginni, and him, with 2 resting mids

Not sure that's how it works. Every draftee will have the potential to put on exponentially more size than the Wiz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back