Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched him on 360 and he's confident as you'd expect but he's actually quite bright and calm as well. He's great little fella.

Had enough about him to have a chuckle with Robbo.

Amazing to hear that he came into AFL with no goal kicking routine...kind of made it an easy fix thankfully.

At the end you felt he had the belief that we can go far this year.

Wouldn't swap him for anyone...the only one I'd even contemplate would be Reid.

I've definitely contracted a touch of Wizmania.

Sheezle went to 2030

Did he sign that extension before the end of his first season, and what did they pony up to convince him?
Ta.

Edit: Just did the sleuthing myself and saw that Harry accepted an initial extension of 2 years in his debut season, and inked on the extra 4 years out to 2030 at the beginning of this one.
Couldn't find the numbers for what that looks like payment wise.

Last edited:

Almost my favourite Wizard thing is when he missed a set shot V Richmond and they're all giving him the bird and he started waving at them without even looking.

I don't know why but that really made me laugh and endeared him to me.

He's a lunatic.

The other thing that amuses me is when teammates pick him up...in a way it's really inappropriate but if you're 6'4" or something he's way too small to comfortably hug. They'll be firing him out of cannons next.
Would be more likely if he was at St Kilda.

If you missed AFL360 or dont have access

He's a ripper. Got to hold my hand up and say I wanted us to draft Curtin but I was wrong. He just adds something special.

Sent from my SM-F741B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would rather throw money at our guys than give it to above average free agents just because we seem obsessed with getting a free agent. Harry Perryman? Really? We have plenty of guys who are better and probably paid half. Also not concerned if we miss on Bazlenka or even Battle.

View attachment 2058904

Incredible that he's having a more direct scoreboard opportunities than Cyril.
If he had 0.8 behinds per game like Cyril, he'd be averaging 1.7 goals per game.
Amazing rookie season.
This kid is a star.
He's averaging just as many shots on goal as Luke Breust did in 2014 when he kicked 57.12 for the year. If we count missing altogether than he's probably had more than Breust at his peak.

View attachment 2058904

Incredible that he's having a more direct scoreboard opportunities than Cyril.
If he had 0.8 behinds per game like Cyril, he'd be averaging 1.7 goals per game.
Amazing rookie season.
This kid is a star.

Do the AFL track a ‘causing opponent to crap their Dacks’ metric? I reckon they’d be pretty even on that.

Last edited:
He's averaging just as many shots on goal as Luke Breust did in 2014 when he kicked 57.12 for the year. If we count missing altogether than he's probably had more than Breust at his peak.
I was so wrong about this guy.
I knew he’d be good. Very good even.
I loved his highlights.

Never did I imagine he would be close to Cyril. And it’s not even an exaggeration.

I know this wasn't the point of your post but ****ing hell i love Breust...

Just incredible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back