Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, what show was that from? Or did you sh00p that?
It's on "The round so far." on the afl site. When he mentions Nick Watson he goes over the floor and grabs the had and puts it on his head.

Apologies if this has already been answered but who organised the bay full of wizard hats?

Not sure who, but one suspects Channel 7, given the number of times they showed it. I was miffed that I missed out on level 2 tickets after Ticketek timed me out during checkout, but turned out to be the best fun ever.

Yep. Didn't get the message, but was sitting on our seats when we arrived just before the WTC.
We need more of this. Aussie rules fans have historically been a disorganized bunch compared with games like soccer (partly due to ticketing system's ad-hoc nature). I'd love to see more of a trend towards groups and collective chants. When Ginni heads towards the cheer squad and gives them a pump up, the whole area responds and the energy level goes up a notch.

I love it, hopefully our club can start something.

We need more of this. Aussie rules fans have historically been a disorganized bunch compared with games like soccer (partly due to ticketing system's ad-hoc nature). I'd love to see more of a trend towards groups and collective chants. When Ginni heads towards the cheer squad and gives them a pump up, the whole area responds and the energy level goes up a notch.

I love it, hopefully our club can start something.

Yeah, I guess having all allocated seats, and based on membership barcodes, makes it a lot easier to ensure a section will be 98% invested in the Hawks (we had a few stray Dogs in the section, was amusing watching them cover up their gear toward the end of the match). Hopefully they are thinking about making active GA sections for Hawks supporters in future (i.e. all welcome, but you mightn't enjoy it if you're barracking for the opposition).

I liked the part where the wizard trained with us for a number of years in pre season leading up to the draft. We got our man, and boy what an important player of the team.

He creates everywhere, tackles, space, goals, pressure, marks, I will keep saying it but he is about to be frighteningly good. Dear, Watson, and Ginny is an extremely high iq forward line for the next 10 years.

The forward pocket almost limits him slightly, he can almost run to hard which is insane for a first year. Let him build a lot of conditioning before he plays higher up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

787d7f2b408716a9e4958c3c5c344e9d.jpg

I’m hearing the Hawks putting a submission to AFL to allow him to wear it this week against Port. Just to blow the minds of the crowd and mess with poor Ken’s head.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson! Rising star Nom!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back