Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson!

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like McKenzie lacked penetration with his kicking last year but another summer in the gym has rectified that. His technique has always been fairly sound. Watson's routine seems all over the shop, whether it's minute one or 100
The gym has nothing to do with how far you can kick it? Its more to do with ball drop and timing of when the foot hits the ball

6-17 with 5 total misses. Can this actually be fixed?
Previous years of kicking them from every angle suggests this is a temporary thing.

You think we would have taken him if this was his usual profile?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Previous years of kicking them from every angle suggests this is a temporary thing.

You think we would have taken him if this was his usual profile?
I'm curious to see the evidence from his junior career that this wasn't his usual profile.

Look at how he fared in the Coates League GF last year- he was spraying them everywhere.

Suspect that if this wasn't an issue he would have been taken well before our pick.

Look at how he fared in the Coates League GF last year- he was spraying them everywhere.

Suspect that if this wasn't an issue he would have been taken well before our pick.
Well before our pick? Pick 5? For a 170cm small forward???

Big Footy revisionism at its finest! Well done!

Absolutely, that's how good the rest of his game is imo.

Nice way to avoid the question though
What question?

Evidence that his kicking is normally very accurate?

I'm not your lackey, go find it yourself. I'm satisfied his kicking is normally excellent, and this is just a temporary glitch. That's my answer.

He trained with the club last pre-season, and they saw enough to take him with our highest pick in years. Maybe you should ask them why they missed such a obvious flaw.

I'm curious to see the evidence from his junior career that this wasn't his usual profile.

Yeah, even if he went at crazy levels of accuracy he wasn’t going to be picked before Reid and Norf were never going to pick him before midfielders so that’s a weird statement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back