Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

There's nothing Dodo could've done about Mass wanting to leave. AFL rules state that a 2nd year rookie not accepting a further rookie contract will be considered a Delisted Free Agent and therefore will becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent. The funny thing at the time is that Dodo apparently had no idea of the rule when he was in the middle of playing hardball. This was compounded by the fact that the * only offered him a 1year deal 😂
He could've elevated him to the senior list like a competent list manager to avoid this debacle.

I've been saying for a decade that the bloke is the reason that Essendon had been in the hole they've been in.

The leadership at their club only have themselves to blame for keeping him around for so long.

Best part has always been Essendon fans defending him when he botches every off-season 😂

dodoro GIF by AFL
That never gets old.

Has the potential to be the 2nd best Essendon player ever traded in. Obviously the best is Paul Salmon, it would take a lot to surpass him.

Only right then that he comes to the club Salmon switched to.

With the caveat that we hope Massimo will have more team success (would argue even the best Salmon era hawks team didn't have the talent that this one does).

Recruiting Hind and thinking he's a star.

Shipping off Massimo for a bag a chips.

Aren't we all so lucky Dodoro stuck around for one last hurrah 😂

To be fair Hind has been great lately and he wasn't recruited last season, or recruited to replace D'Ambrosio either. But yes, Dodo bad.

Last edited:
I was very surprised to see that. I'm not sure what his kicking efficiency is but rarely passes a bad ball.

Yep, he doesnt get the totals that Daicos and Gulden get, but he is so damaging with the ball. If he has even just 1 metre on his opponent he is going to hit his target.

A key reason why our delivery to our forwards is improving every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He like Moorey will start getting much more attention from now on. We will need others to step up so that we have multiple options. Thats the challenge as an emerging team to keep upping the learnings and improvement. You stand still and you go backwards. We might but i have faith that we are not content with where we are.

Super happy for him.

Was clear he was destined for depth with us as Brad likes taller marking options as his wings and he has Martin playing the distributer role off half back.

Would have loved to keep him but he has found a team where his strengths are used and his weaknesses limited and he is thriving.

Always love a kid with a great name.

I used to think Mass is a slight bodied winger. But looking at him yesterday he looks a fairly solid nugget. Might be the new TV.

Can be strange how clubs can lose sight of the value of their own players by selling the farm for a player they need (McKay) and only offer 1 year to what looks like a 200 gamer (now, for us). Incredible pick up.

I used to think Mass is a slight bodied winger. But looking at him yesterday he looks a fairly solid nugget. Might be the new TV.

Can be strange how clubs can lose sight of the value of their own players by selling the farm for a player they need (McKay) and only offer 1 year to what looks like a 200 gamer (now, for us). Incredible pick up.
Imagine him at 25 with 100 games under his belt. Will be a unit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back