Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 18, Josh Weddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Weddle might be itching to get more of the ball and go on one of his mazy runs, but right now the whole defensive unit is playing great team football. This also happens to be winning football.

Having him mind an opponent, whilst also peeling off to spoil etc is great to watch. Having him, Sicily, Scrimshaw and Frost all play this way is making the side really difficult to mark against in the F50.

That first half is really what we should be aspiring to each week - one pissy goal from a ridiculous HTB call, and a second goal that would have been no score if we had someone on the line. They unit was impenetrable.

Edit - with CJ struggling to get involved on the wing maybe they could be swapped around for a time, when Weddle isn't on a tall at least. Giving CJ a job might help him find his way into the games.

Last edited:
The best part about watching Weddle is that everytime he gets the ball in hand you know something is going to happen. He loves to run, loves to use his pace and endurance and loves to break lines.

In the last few games I've noticed that later in games he's started to run harder to exploit the tired opposition and break lines. I wonder if this is something they are training for to give us added drive out of defence?

He was just on SEN with kane and Gerard.

Discussing the incident earlier this year, Josh inprompted used the word ‘scared’ which was remarkably honest.

He said it’s like hesitating when pulling out into traffic in a car, sometimes being hesitant can be worse than just going for it

Bravery only exists in the face of fear.

Weddle has gone when it is his turn the last month. He's owned it. It's made him all the better.

He was just on SEN with kane and Gerard.

Discussing the incident earlier this year, Josh inprompted used the word ‘scared’ which was remarkably honest.

He said it’s like hesitating when pulling out into traffic in a car, sometimes being hesitant can be worse than just going for it
Can't believe I missed it , normally listen to that show .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 18, Josh Weddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back