Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 18, Josh Weddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

The single biggest reason why we need another big tall is to unleash Weds. He's phenomenal.

Opposition sides would be absolutely shitting themselves at the prospect of Weddle being free to roam around the ground at will.

How good would it be to watch Weddle do this role every week? He can absolutely bang a goal from 50+m out.

Would love to see him do a 60/40 forward/midfield role next year.
Don't reckon he is a mid tbh .

We have hit the jackpot with a jet of a backman who is a jet of a forward who is A grade on a wing. If needed 😄

‘PEDAL TO THE MEDAL🥇’ - cheer squad banner!

Get it done. I want to see this behind the goals pumping like Hay Fever and that awesome Jarman… actually, bring that one back.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have had the pleasure to watch the likes of Franklin, Rioli, Roughy, Hodge, Mitchell etc pull on the Brown and gold over the past 15-20 years… Weddle has as much talent as any of them. His skills + athleticism mean he has no ceiling. Genuine superstar in the making.

Joining in on the love fest...

This guy is a proper unicorn player, there is no one else like him in the AFL at the moment. I don't even know what he is or what he will be all I know is I am going to have a bloody good time seeing it all unfold. Had me laughing and shaking my head in disbelief on multiple occasions yesterday.

Certainly the best game he has played so far, and I think people are underestimating what an insane weapon it is to have a CHB that forces his opponent to either waste a ton of energy chasing or let him carve up your team with his run. It's genuine gameplan bending stuff that no one has had to really be concerned about till now.

He is a running, intercepting CHB that kicks goals and breaks lines. Think about how bat s**t crazy that is.
It's not putting a defensive forward on Stewart to stop him marking the footy, this is a whole different beast. I don't think it's going to be long till he starts getting tagged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 18, Josh Weddle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back