Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 19: Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a script that capitalises every word you type or do you genuinely press shift at the start of every word? And if the answer to any of that is yes - then why??
I Just Do It? Haha No Reason For It, I Just Do It. But Any Way Good Luck To Burton Even Though I Think He Will Struggle Fitness Wise But I Never Thought We Would See Him Debut This Year

Interesting in his presser Clarko referred to him as a key position player.

He is more of a key position player than Sicily.
Sicily 186 cm; Burton 191cm (or probably taller)
Sicily 79kg; Burton 90kg.
Maybe at least as effective as O'Brien as a key position player.
O'Brien 193 cm and 84kg.

Nor sure is posted already:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-11-05/going-places-top-20-for-ryan-burton

Interesting part:

"Michael Makdissi, the Hawthorn doctor who also works with the AFL Academy, told Burton to hop on the bed. "Why?" Burton asked with a smile. "There's nothing wrong with me!"

We have a doctor who also works with the AFL academy. Every now and then I get an insight into how well our club is run, its very satisfying.

Interesting in his presser Clarko referred to him as a key position player.
Could be based on how he plays. He leads well, marks well, reads the ball well so he can be effective at both ends of the ground. He's a little short these days but not by much.
Fagan has likened him to Treaders from Port which is big wraps. We've seen how strong Sis can be overhead at 5cm shorter

If Burton can come in this week and have more forward impact than Sicily and TOB have recently then I think that will really help Gunston out as we won't be so reliant on him running back up forward to hit the scoreboard after playing up the ground. Could even help Breust hit the goals a bit more as I bet he is better at making a contest than McEvoy and Ceglar have been.

If Burton can come in this week and have more forward impact than Sicily and TOB have recently then I think that will really help Gunston out as we won't be so reliant on him running back up forward to hit the scoreboard after playing up the ground. Could even help Breust hit the goals a bit more as I bet he is better at making a contest than McEvoy and Ceglar have been.
Agree 100%. This is one of the things we have been missing without Rough.

I really hope we let I'm lead and don't just spend the whole game bombing on his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope we let I'm lead and don't just spend the whole game bombing on his head.
Looks like there will be perfect conditions tomorrow for leading forwards. If guys like Lewis and Mitchell are getting it with a little time and space about 80m out then Burton will be getting platinum service delivery along with Gunston, Rioli and Breust. Just look at his marks on the lead last week in the VFL where the ground, conditions and midfield delivery wouldn't have been anywhere near as good.

I like Ernie myself :)
200w.gif

They gave that skinny red head that number for a reason. It must be because they know more than us. I hope. KPF take time to develop.

I think it was more of a troll on the previous #23. Yet to see anything to convince me otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back