Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 44: Blake Hardwick, re-signs for 5 years!

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he was the cleanest player on the ground yesterday. Attacked the ball at pace with superb pickups and took some powerful marks in the wet.

Also wins tackle of the day with his crunch on bobby hill in the third šŸ„‰

Watching Dimma at the ground is always a delight. One of those players that a good chunk of their work goes sight unseen by the cameras. He just shows up every week and gets the job done consistently. My favourite Hawk for a long while now.

Just gets the job done.
No flash No fanfare
Reliable dependable hard & tough. A footballers footballer.
Cody weightman consistently succumbs to the dominance of Dimma.
One bloke that I'd like to see drink from premiership cups

40 seconds to go in the 4th that ginger nut throws a punch to the back of the head of dear.

Richards is going to regret that at some point. Not just because every Hawks supporter on the planet probably went into dad mode and wanted to belt him when it happened.

By the time Caslher has filled out, Ed Richards will be a bug on the windshield level proposition for him.

He is the best small defender in the competition and I wont hear otherwise. He is able to shutdown while also being extremely damaging by foot.
Can't imagine there are any other defenders out there with better records on the likes of Greene, Weightman, Elliott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best lockdown small/medium defender in the league for quite some time, yet still a ghost when it comes to media discussion.

Every so often during a game a commentator pays him some lip service, but it's never particularly convincing.

How many lock down defenders are swung forward and kick bags, then seamlessly slot back into their role down back?

It was a blip on the AFL media radar, and then gone.

Every so often during a game a commentator pays him some lip service, but it's never particularly convincing.

How many lock down defenders are swung forward and kick bags, then seamlessly slot back into their role down back?

It was a blip on the AFL media radar, and then gone.
Unfortunately he is not a stat padder so the media love and possible AA selection does not exist! Such a tough, reliable player and always dangerous when pushed forward.

There's been some great number 15s in my lifetime. Kelvin Moore, Russell Morris, Benny Allen, Dan Harford, Luke Hodge.

Blake Hardwick may be the most underrated of the list but he's a great custodian of a famous number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 44: Blake Hardwick, re-signs for 5 years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back